Actions and Detail Panel
Funding Bootcamp: 3 Day Residential Program, Limited to 12 Female Founders
Wed, Mar 8, 2017, 1:00 PM – Sat, Jun 17, 2017, 12:00 PM PST
3-Day Immersion Program
Our 3-Day Immersion Program is residential. For 2.5 days, experts, coaches and advisors, including VCs and serial entrepreneurs, will be working with you on your startup, focusing on funding strategy, challenges and growth opportunities. Research shows complete immersion allows breakthroughs, design thinking and innovation. This 3-day program facilitates immersion with your peers in the WSL House, as we bring the network and experts to you.
Located in heart of Silicon Valley, (5 min. away from Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA), Women’s Startup Lab offers the perfect environment to focus, connect, and be inspired.
- Do you want to raise a round of funding but not sure all the things you needs and how to prepare for successful funding activities?
- Do you lack the confidence and the understanding of the lingo and terms to negotiate and drive the funding with potential investors?
- Wondering why you are not getting the 2nd meeting and no funding success yet?
- Feeling overwhelmed with funding activities and want to know whether you are doing the right things and speaking to right pepole?
- Only 2.7% of funding goest to female founders - learn the tools and the knowledge to be effective!
This course is perfect for:
- The Founder who has a basic traction beyond Proof od Concept (PofC).
- The Founder or team getting ready to raise capital for the first time.
- The person looking to expand their network and pipeline of influencers and investors.
- The foundational knowledge of the venture capital process from funding options to terms.
- A walk through the funding process and how to avoid the common mistakes founders make.
- How to make your company and you, as the Founder, appealing to investors.
- The pitch to keep potential investors intereted, and appropriate for the phase you are in.
- A clear understanding of the steps to the pitch process and targeting investors.
- Coaching to help you stay focused, present powerfully, and remain confident in all circumstances, as a credible Founder and CEO.
- 12:00 Checking - In
- 2:00 Session Starts - Introduction
- 6:00 Team Cook Up
Thursday & Friday
- 9:00-6:00 Continue on Funding Bootcamp Sessions
- 10:00 - 12:00 Closing Session
Inspiration from Our Founder
Introduction of WSLab
In 2013, Ari Horie started Women’s Startup Lab. Her premise was simple: to see women create and lead venture-backed opportunities that influence the world. Through immersive, intensive, transformative programs WSL encourages female founders to form meaningful relationships and tap into powerful Silicon Valley resources to build their successful startup.
Introduction of Attendees, Startups, and Challenges & Goals. We will have a goal setting session, based on everyone's phase and acknowledgment of their startup challenges. Plan on how we are going to collaborate and learn from our seasons instructors from Silicon Valley and among our cohort.
Startup Founder Development & Coaching
How do you balance all the needs for yourself and others as you build your company? You CAN have it all, but new knowledge and skill are required. Using science and metaphysics, you will co-create a version of yourself that will lead to power, insight, decision making abilities, confidence, motivation, responsibility and integrity. Hans Phillips has coached and mentored hundreds of founders worldwide. He’ll be sharing with you his proven processes, tools and techniques to help you become your best.
Funding Activities & Effective Pitch for your success: Life’s a Pitch
How do you tell a credible and compelling story about your business? You’ll have a need to do this over and over again taking anywhere from seconds to an hour or more. Bill Joos, a leading pitch coach and this workshop’s facilitator, will help you dissect and perfect the key components of your business and story so you can scale it to the allotted time. In this Bootcamp the focus will be telling your verbal story to garner interest from investors.
Understanding & Navigating the Funding Maze: by Chris Yeh, VC, NY Time best seller author "Alliance" co-author with Reid Hoffman, CEO of LinkedIn, Stanford Instructor for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Pre-seed, seed, post-seed; angel, super angel, A, B, C, VC, corporations, crowd-funding, strategic partners and more - this can all be so confusing and each investor has their own philosophies and motivations. Chis Yeh, a general partner from Wasabi Ventures, will be your tour guide through this maze.
Important Funding Legal Implication and Terms
Venture law is very specialized and there are many possible pitfalls. Learn how to avoid them and do it right. Joseph Perkins from Orrick is one of Silicon Valley’s most experienced VC attorneys, and he will be covering many of the critical do’s and don’t as you approach funding.
Take It from Us - Real story and practical advice from Startup Entrepreneurs
Real stories and practical advice from our successful and SV startup founders that you don't want to miss. Listen to their war stories to succeed in funding and hear their suggestions of do's and don't for you so you can to execute the most effective funding activities.
Visit our website to see alumni videos, success stories, and influencers that are involve with WSLab: www.womenstartuplab.com