Family Tree Maker™ Special Interest Group
January 21, 2017
A Special Interest Group (SIG) has been formed devoted exclusively to the Family Tree Maker™ software from Software MacKiev. Join FTM-SIG facilitators Ron Madson and Karen Halfon on the third Saturday of each month, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the CGS classroom.
The topics for January 21ST:
- Discussion of the new MacKiev Announcement for free FTM Updates.
- User presentation of family history and FTM work.
- Adding information labels to Family History photos using the FREE Windows image editor Irfanview. Irfanview is available on all the CGS and Family History Center computers.
- Adding information labels to Family History photos using the MAC and Windows image editor Photoshop Elements.
- Creation of large Graphic Family Trees using Family Tree Maker and Photoshop Elements.
Ron will be available at CGS for help with FTM issues 10:00 AM to12:00 noon, the morning of the FTM-SIG meeting.
Please see the FTM-SIG web site for all the information about the MacKiev Free FTM Upgrade Announcement. At the FTM-SIG website, you will also find handouts of past meetings, the monthly meeting schedule, and topics for the upcoming meetings. The "Help-n-Hints" page of the site has a detailed description of Ron's recommendations for Family History Digital File Organization and Naming Digital Genealogy Files.
We invite you to enjoy drinks and snacks with us.
• Class size is limited to 25 attendees.
• Special Interest Groups are free to CGS members.
• Non-members are welcome to attend two meetings at no charge; thereafter, you may join CGS and attend for free or pay $10 for each meeting attended.
Register early to confirm your seat.
When & Where
California Genealogical Society & Library
Connecting people to their diverse family heritage
Whether you have Gold Rush ancestors or have no family connection to California, you will find extensive support for your genealogy research at the California Genealogical Society (CGS) in Oakland. The society offers research services, online indexes and databases, and a research library housing over 38,000 reference materials from California, the United States, and around the world. CGS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. The library is conveniently located in Uptown Oakland, one block north of the Paramount Theatre, at 2201 Broadway, Suite LL2. We are three blocks from the 19th Street BART Station.
Phone: (510) 663-1358