Suggested donation of $4-2/per swapper (pay what you can)
(donation goes to the event expenses only)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1) PLEASE do not show up before 7pm. Swap item set-up time is scheduled into the swap from 7-7:40pm. That said, we need ALL swap items on the table by 7:40pm.
2) We are being charged to use this space. We kindly request a $4-2 donation per swapper & swap-curious attendee. Again, this is only a request, and is sliding scale and not mandatory. Thank you for your understanding. This money also goes to our photocopying & 'drink table' offerings.
By registering for a free ticket you agree to the following:
1) Contacting From Scratch Club at email@example.com if you can not attend so that we can give your ticket to the next swapper on the waitlist.
2) Bringing appropriate "to go" containers for all swap items.
3) I will bring nothing that has been canned in 2010-March 2012.
4) ALL items canned after March 2012, are welcome.
5) your item does not have to be waterbath nor pressure canned, but please put 'storage instructions' on each item.
Thank you! Christina, FSC
Below please find information on how the swap works, what to bring, ect:
Our food swap is a place where you can trade an item you made for another item that someone else made: items are swapped 1-for-1.
You bring as many items as you’d like to trade; you can bring 6 of one good (6 loaves of bread) or 6 different items (1 jar of blueberry jam, 1 loaf of bread, 1 jar of vanilla extract, 1 tomato transplant, 1 jar of granola. 2 pints of pickled beets). Just remember that items are swapped 1-for-1. You will place the items on one of the tables, grouped by item so that guests will view the goodies and write their names down if they are interested in trading with you. They will also be required to tell you what they want to swap for your item. Then the last 30 minutes of the event will be the “live action swap” where you will look on your sheet(s) to see who wants to swap with you. Then you will find those people, based on their name tags or knowing them personally already, and starting a conversation with them: “Do you wanna swap” “sure” “great”"let’s do it”…. or if you don't want what they are offering, kindly decline and move on.
What To Swap?
Muffins, sourdough starters, vinegar mother, infused alcohol, infused vinegar, DIY extracts, canned veg, meat & fruit, fermented items, Kombucha SCOBIES, homemade yogurt, cheese, wine, jam, pickled beets, beer, dried herbs, potted herbs, vegetable plant transplants, cookies, biscotti, backyard garden vegetable bounty, salad dressings, stocks, cookies, pies, breads, dips & spreads, meals, backyard EGGS, lip balm, soaps, salves, anything that is food, drink or a homemade lotion/balmy/soapy item is welcome. As long as you made the item, the sky’s the limit.
You can also bring items from your pantry that you can no longer use (such as due to new food allergies or intolerances or bordom): those items are NOT swapped for but instead are given for free, to a good home, to the first takers during the "silent auction" part of the program.
*Items must be on the table by 7:40pm to be eligible for the swap.
7:00-7:40pm: Sign-in, Display Goods & Grab a Refreshment
Sign in, with your name & email address & blog address
Display swap items & samples on the tables & fill out your swap cards (Name & Item Description)
We will have a refreshment bar for your pleasure! (We will no longer have the potluck food table*)
7:40-8:15pm Browse the Tables
With refreshment in hand, introduce yourself to table-neighbors & new friends and take a peek at what others have brought, sample items and start plotting your swapping!
8:15-8:25pm “Silent Auction”
Write your trade offers on others’ tags (i.e. your name & what you’d be willing to trade)
8:25-9:00pm OPEN SWAP
Review your tags to see which offers have been made.
Find each other (wear your name tags) & swap away!
Take home your new artisan goods and enjoy!
Food & Drink:
FOOD: We encouraging you to bring samples of your swap items for people to try as they walk around to "browse the tables". Please be sure to bring whatever you need to serve your samples.
DRINKS: We will be providing all the drinks.
You can always write us an email with any questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our blog at www.fromscratchclub.com