The 2017 FROZEN TROJAN Ice Fishing Tournament will be on Lake Poinsett SD. Tournament registration and check in will be located at Lake View Public Dock off of HWY 81 beginning @ 7:30 am. All tournament entries will be eligible to win the GRAND PRIZE regardless of participation the day of the event. The event will start at 7:30 am with a 1 hour break from 11:00 am to Noon. During the break the Calcutta Auction will begin after the days leader board has been set from the morning weigh in. Fishing will resume 12:00 pm and tournament will end at 3:00 pm with the Calcutta Weigh In.
Prizes will be awarded based on
Largest Walleye of the Day = $200
1st Overall Weight = $500
2nd Overall Weight =$200
3rd Overall Weight =$100
Door Prizes from Sponsors
1. All anglers must abide by all state regulations, including purchasing of appropriate fishing license. Any violation of the state regulations will result, at a minimum, of disqualification of the tournament.
2. The amount of tickets/entries you purchased correlate to the amount of holes you may fish. (Max. 4) Entry/holes are not transferable to another fisher. The name on the ticket is the fisherman the day of the event. Holes will NOT be pre-drilled anglers must bring their own ice augers. Immediate children under the age of 15 are allowed to fish with the parent/guardian but under no circumstances is the parent/guardian allowed to weigh a fish caught by the child.
3. The Largest Walleye Prize is for 1 walleye only. The overall weights are for PERCH ONLY. 10 total perch will be weighed throughout the day. Anglers may catch other species, but must remain within their daily limit on each species.
4. All anglers must check in the morning of the event at the public boat ramp along US Hwy 81. We would like to have everyone checked in prior to 7:30am take off/start time.
5. There will be a mandatory 11:00am-12:00pm break in the fishing. Anglers will have the option to participate in the Calcutta after all individuals weigh up to 3 of their largest perch.
6. Final weigh ins of all 10 perch as well as separate largest walleye will take place starting at 3:00pm with the tournament winners to be announced following the conclusion of weigh ins.