From Hello to Hired: Career Development Workshop
A successful job search involves so much more than filling out tons of applications and sending out resumes. In fact, many of the jobs that are out there are not even advertised. So how exactly do you get hired? In this competitive and rapidly changing job market, the answer is to be proactive in networking online, plan carefully when writing cover letters and resumes, and be prepared for even the trickiest of interview questions. This one-stop workshop will teach you how.
This workshop will include topics such as:
- Tips for creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Resume best practices (the do’s and don’ts)
- Creating a targeted resume
- Sample private sector and federal resumes (bonus: free digital templates!)
- How to write an effective cover letter (and why you should never skip one)
- The top 20 interview questions (what employers really want to know)
- Interview tips and strategies
This course is offered in English.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
The Women's Center
The mission of The Women's Center is to significantly improve the psychological, career, financial and legal well-being of women, men and their families, regardless of their ability to pay. Visit www.thewomenscenter.org for more information.