Széchenyi István College for Advanced Studies cordially invites you to the „From data to policy” conference.
The conference aims to present opportunities in labour economics and public policy-making in light of the results of Hungarian and foreign researchers. The lectures aim to emphasise recent empirical results trying to create a bridge between economic theory and the practice of public policy.
Keynote speaker: Prof. Sir Richard Blundell
10.00: Welcoming remarks - Lecture Hall XI. (first floor)
- Bettina Soha, Head of Organising Committee, Széchenyi István College for Advanced Studies
- Lajos Szabó, academic director, Széchenyi István College for Advanced Studies
10.30: Keynote speech - Lecture Hall XI. (first floor)
- PROF. SIR RICHARD BLUNDELL, Professor of Economics, UCL, and Research Director, IFS - Human Capital, Labour Supply and Tax Reform
- coffee break -
12.00: 1. section EDUCATION || GENDER & MINORITY
>> EDUCATION - Room 201 (second floor)
- Dániel Horn - The Causal Effect of Decreased Tracking: evidence from the comprehensive Polish educational reform of 1999
- Anita Halász, BCE KGKP, CEU (PDS, CPS) - Early education policies: interactions with policies fostering educational equity in later stages of education
- Hubert János Kiss - Which Preferences Associate with School Performance? - A Classroom Experiment
>> GENDER & MINORITY - Room 105 (first floor)
- Anna Adamecz-Völgyi - The effect of increasing the compulsory school leaving age on the teenage fertility of Roma women
- Gábor Kézdi, CEU Department of Economics, MTA KRTK KTI - High-Achieving Minority Students Can Have More Friends and Fewer Adversaries. Evidence from Hungary
- Krisztina Kis-Katos, Professor of International Economic Policy, University of Göttingen - Globalization and Social Change: Gender Specific Effects of Trade Liberalization in Indonesia
- lunch break -
15.00: 2. section RESEARCH & POLICY || THEORY & POLICY
>> RESEARCH & POLICY - Room 209 (second floor)
- Attila Béres, Gergő Závecz - Evaluation of SME instruments
- Nikolas Mittag, CERGE-EI - Using Administrative Data for Policy Research
>> THEORY & POLICY - Room 102 (first floor)
- Attila Bartha, Center for Social Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and IBS Budapest - Low-skilled Migration: Immigrant Workers in European Domestic Care
- Tamás Papp, Institute of Advanced Studies, Vienna - The structure of labor market flows
- Ágnes Szabó-Morvai - How Childcare Availability Affects Maternal Labor Supply
- coffee break
16:45: HÉTFA Research Institute and Center for Economic and Social Analysis - Room 102 (first floor)
- A magyar foglalkoztatáspolitika dilemmái kormányzati szempontból (in Hungarian)
18:00: Closing speech -Room 102 (first floor)
The event is public but registration is required.
Széchenyi István College for Advanced Studies reserves the right to change the program.