This haunted excursion tour covers ghosts, vampires, New Orleans history, culture and architecture, as well as its cemeteries. Your group will stroll down the streets of the French Quarter while hearing these magnificently detailed stories of what has made New Orleans what it is today. This tour gives meaning to the saying 'laissez les bon temps rouler' the Cajun expression meaning "Let the good times roll."
Guests will be offered real paranormal equipment to use during this tour.
The Haunted Excursion takes you on an exploration through the world famous French Quarter, also known by locals as the Vieux Carre, meaning "Old Square". The French Quarter is one of the oldest neighborhoods in the U.S. It is made up of 78 blocks. Home to over 200 bars, world renowned jazz clubs and some amazing signature restaurants.
New Orleans has a very rich history, countless unsolved mysteries and some strong paranormal activity. That is probably why it is referred to as one of the most haunted cities in the United States. During this tour you will be welcome to use the paranormal equipment/ghost detector, EMF meter, that will be provided by your guide. Get ready, and by all means do not forget your camera.
This tour starts in the heart of the French Quarter. From there, your group will explore Louisiana's complex culture, the rich history and you will experience the magical mystery that makes New Orleans so irresistible. During this tour you will notice the beautiful architecture throughout the French Quarter that makes it so unique. You will also be shown where Hollywood stars have decided to call the French Quarter home.
Do you know what pirates, prostitutes and convicted felons all have in common with with the founding of New Orleans? Or why locals walk down to Jackson Square when it rains? Come find out on this history packed tour of the French Quarter. In this tour you'll also be exploring the dark side of New Orleans history, visiting multiple locations of unsolved murders and suicides. Hear stories of real documented reports of vampires and ghosts roaming around the streets of the French Quarter. Your group will visit locations known for stories of vampires who held their victims and fed off of them.
Learn about New Orleans traditional burial practices and hear explanations as to why there are above ground cemeteries, why they recycle and re-use the same vaults over and over again. You will also visit locations where scenes from unforgettable movies have been filmed. Stopping at many of the attractions and national historic landmarks that this city has to offer along the way, you will be visiting over fifteen locations on this tour: The St Louis Cathedral, Cabildo, Presbytere, Ursuline Convent, Jackson Square, The Sultans Palace and The LaLaurie Mansion known to be the most haunted house in New Orleans, just to name a few.
Informative, friendly and professional guide
Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Step back in time on a history tour
Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- walking tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children get in free to this event / tour with two paying adults.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. This is a walking tour. Duration is approximately 2 hours
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule tours due to inclement weather or any other acts of God. No refunds (for any reason including weather) will be issued from booking agent or tour group. We are not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings or any injuries sustained due to the old, uneven and dilapidated streets and walkways. Participants have been warned not to obstruct the sidewalks or streets. We accept no responsibility for anything that arises from this or failure to follow any other instructions
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.