DUE TO DEMAND, A LIMITED NUMBER OF ADDITIONAL TIX ARE NOW AVAILABLE! All tours that include shuttle service to the DFT have sold out, BUT if you don't mind heading to the DFT on your own, we've decided to offer a limited number of WALKING TOUR ONLY tickets. Not to worry, you'll still get a voucher for the film festival, we just can't guarantee you a spot the shuttle bus!
Go behind the scenes at five historic theatres during the 2014 Freep Film Festival! This in-depth three-hour walking tour will showcase Detroit's rich history in cinema and architecture.
- Guided behind-the-scenes tour of five historic theatres: The Detroit Opera House, the Fillmore Detroit, the Fox Theatre, Music Hall, and the Detroit Film Theatre
- A complimentary voucher for a screening of your choice during the Freep Film Festival
- Shuttle transportation to and from the Detroit Film Theatre
– Shorts Program (approximate runtime 60-75 minutes)
– American Revolutionary: The Evolution of Grace Lee Boggs (film runtime 82 minutes; panel discussion immediately following the film)
– Project: Ice (film runtime 109 minutes; panel discussion immediately following the film)
9 p.m. - Yesterday and in Detroit: Archival Images of Detroit Curated by Rick Prelinger (film runtime 72 minutes; panel discussion immediately following the film)
When & Where
Preservation Detroit is the city's largest and oldest preservation organization, founded in 1975. For more information, visit preservationdetroit.org.