Are you a web designer/developer interested in API development, or an enterprise developer looking to expand your skill set around APIs using Node.js? Do you have data or services that you need to expose via APIs?
Join your fellow developers and Apigee for a free, one-day workshop and learn to build RESTful APIs using Node.js and deploy them to the cloud!
Regardless of your background - this hands-on workshop will walk you, step-by-step, through the process of building APIs using Node.js.
During the course of the workshop, we'll cover topics such as:
The workshop is completely free – and all of the software & services we’ll be using are open-source!
- A laptop: minimum OS requirements are Mac OS X 10.7 or Windows 7. If you are a Linux user and have some experience with Node.js, you are welcome to attend, however we can't help you troubleshoot any issues.
- Preinstall Software: prior to arrival at the workshop, please ensure that you have installed Node.js, npm (should be installed by Node.js), Java and git. From the Command prompt (Terminal on Mac), type "node --version", "npm --version", "java -version" and "git version". If you do not see a version number, you will need to install it.
- 8:30am - 9:30am: Doors open — registration and coffee
- Intro to APIs
- Best Practices in RESTful API design
- Crash course in Node.js
- Intro to the Apigee 127 project
- Lunch break (provided by Apigee)
- Building API Specs with Swagger
- Creating Controllers and API logic
- API Management
- Using an app to consume APIs
- Deploying APIs to Apigee Edge and Amazon Web Services
- 5:00pm: Q&A and drinkup! (Beers/wine provided by Apigee at a local watering hole.)
Here’s what previous attendees have to say about previous workshops from Apigee…
- That was one of the best geek sessions I've ever been to. 1000 Thank you's to @Apigee. I'm officially a fan. – @The_Internauts
- Had an insightful day yesterday at an @Apigee workshop (#html5 & #phonegap). @garazi was brilliant. And it was completely free :-0 – @amanoncaltrain
- Great Job @garazi and @Apigee at your FREE Zero to App Store workshop with Hybrid Application Development! Your community support is amazing! – @geoffreyemery
- Amazing tutorial about how to use phonegap! You make me look at app building in a much easier way. Thank you, you rock! – @gasvideos
- Wonderful HTML5/CSS/JS and phonegap workshop today - and thanks to #apigee for making it free! – @cmetgher
- Thank u for sharing your knowledge today. Priceless insights from one of the best on everything web related #apigee – @bluesuits
- Great workshop on #HTML5, APIs and #PhoneGap by @garazi from #Apigee. Good stuff, and it was free! – @ActiveNick
About the Instructor
Greg is a Developer Evangelist at Apigee. Greg has been working in the web industry literally since the web was born – he was hand-coding HTML before the table tag was even "invented". His career has taken him around the world, from the early days of desktop publishing, to a start-up in Hamburg, Germany where he helped build one of the first HTML authoring tools, the glory days of the web at Macromedia as the Technical Product Manager for Dreamweaver, and finally his role as Principal Evangelist at Adobe prior to joining Apigee. Greg has spoken about web technologies at over 500 industry conferences around the world, as well as being a published author.
When & Where
Apigee makes it easy for developers to build apps powered by APIs, manage and scale their APIs, and get real-time insights into their digital presence. Learn more at http://developers.apigee.com/