Actions and Detail Panel
FREE Talk: The Way Forward / 21st March / Tobacco Factory
Tue, March 21, 2017, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM GMT
Will renewable energy save the day?
Is there a role for carbon capture and storage?
What are the prospects for demand management and battery storage?
Nikki Jones, researcher/writer on global energy, will be giving an overview of trends in fossil fuel production and consumption in The Snug at the Tobacco Factory, Bristol, BS3 1TF. She will present an overview of new technologies and discuss whether they can be developed fast enough to avert a climate change disaster. There will be opportunities for questions throughout.
This will be the second talk in a series of talks and film screenings focusing on climate change and energy use at the Tobacco Factory in 2017. The other events in this series are:
1. A Beginner's Guide To The Oil and Gas Industry - 17th January - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-talk-the-oil-and-gas-industry-a-beginners-guide-17-january-tickets-29913723753
2. Global Energy Trends - 24th January - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-talk-global-energy-trends-24th-january-tobacco-factory-tickets-29914057752
Film Screening: Chasing Ice - 31st January - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/film-chasing-ice-31st-january-tobacco-factory-tickets-30072959030
3. Is Nuclear The Answer? - 21st February - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-talk-is-nuclear-the-answer-21st-february-tobacco-factory-tickets-29914211211
4. Land Use and Climate Change - 28th February - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-talk-land-use-and-climate-change-28th-february-tobacco-factory-tickets-29914307499
Film Screening: Racing Extinction - 14th March - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/film-racing-extinction-14th-march-tobacco-factory-tickets-30073059330
5. The Way Forward - 21st March
Film Screening: Merchants of Doubt - 28th March - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/film-merchants-of-doubt-28th-march-tobacco-factory-tickets-30073122519
All of these talks are sponsored by the Bedminster Energy Group.
The talk will begin at 7:30 pm.