Actions and Detail Panel
FREE Small Business Workshops
Wed, October 4, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM EDT
CHCTDC is launching a series of FREE small business educational seminars with a mission to foster growth, development, entrepreneurship, and strategic relationship building among Ward 8’s business community on the MLK Great Streets corridor.
The series will help existing businesses with information to navigate through the local business maze and guide you on everything you need to start and grow a thriving business in DC, including:
- Regulatory requirements
- Resources available East of the River
- Tax Compliance
- Ownership structures
- Basic legal considerations and free counsel
- Business plan formation
All of the events will be held at the Congress Heights Arts & Culture Center, 3200 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue, SE Washington, DC from 6 pm to 7:30 pm.
Beginning on March 1st, tax experts and registration and licencing specilist will advise and guide you on everything you need to start and grow a thriving compliant business in DC.
SAVE THE DATE FOR THE SPEAKERS SERIES:
- March 1-Small Business Taxes/ Small Business Registration & Licensing
- April 5 – Small Business Financing
- May 3 – Marketing Your Small Business
- June 7 – Doing Business with The Government
- July 5 – Small Business Certifications
- August 2 – Starting A Nonprofit Social Enterprise
- September 6 – Government Small Business Incentives
- October 4 – Protecting Your Business from The Unexpected
- November 1 – Finding Small Business Employee Talent & Labor Laws
When: Wednesdays, March 1, April 5, May 3, June7, July 5, August 2, September 6, October 4 and November 5, 2017; Network: 6 pm to 6:30pm; Learn: 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
Where: Congress Heights Arts & Culture Center, 3200 Martin Luther King, Jr., Avenue, SE Washington, DC 20032
Register: To register and for more information please call (202) 563-5200 or email Jakarya@chctdc.org.
Date and Time
The Congress Heights Arts & Culture Center
3200 Martin Luther King Junior Avenue Southeast
Washington, DC 20020