Actions and Detail Panel
Free Seminar Night! Samson Williams "Innovative Funding - Exploring Crowdfu...
Fri, March 24, 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Join us at BUGSS 7pm on Friday March 10th to learn the ins and outs about crowd sourcing funds for scientists in academia!
Samson Williams is the Chief Strategy Officer at CoFunder – Lending to Business (Washington, D.C. & Ireland)
“Don't ask me how I succeeded. Ask me how I recovered from failure. Success only sets you up for failure. While failure can teach you how to be successful.” Samson is a classically trained anthropologist and accidental finance expert.
Highlights of Samson’s career:
- Currently Chief Strategy Officer of CoFunder, an Ireland based Peer 2 Peer (P2P) lending platform, specializing in providing crowdfunded financing to startups and small businesses in Northern Ireland, the EU and UK and expanding operations to USA and Africa in 2017
- Prior to that Samson spent 2008 – 2016 at Fannie Mae as Emergency Manager / Baby Chief of Staff O&T Executive Office; blocking, tackling, putting out fires and babysitting executives
- Samson is an expert in banking and finance operations, organizational change management and a thought leader in equity crowdfunding and alternative banking
- Fluent in Irish, Legalese, Corporate Speak and discerning the slow “no” between the BS
- 3x Marine Corps Marathon finisher and running enthusiast, who prefers to spend his weekends fishing, playing chess, and drinking tequila
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @Co_Funder / @HustleFundBaby