How to do Business with the GPO
A seminar built on the foundation of helping educate customers like you on how to make GPO work for you.
Come learn about every step of our GPO processes from job creation, layout and design, print procurement and our other numerous innovative programs, quality control, billing and budget control, on-site and online training, and getting your publication into the public’s hands. Through this seminar we will cover every aspect of the document lifecycle and how we do business with your agency today and every day.
Who should attend?
All federal agency employees* are welcome to come and learn. The seminar will be beneficial to those federal employees who are responsible for:
· ordering printing, copying, or office supplies for their agency (including paper, ink, envelopes, stationery, business cards, and more)
· managing an in-house print or mail facility or copier program
· mailing or distribution of printing materials
· design or layout of materials for their agency, including multimedia (web, photography, video, etc)
· library functions or cataloging information for their agency, including scanning
· forms or publication creation
· training and getting materials to users or classrooms nationwide
· creation of secure federal credentials like federal ID badges
· controlling the budget for administrative activities
Date: Thursday, July 15th, 2010
9am – 12pm seminar*
12pm – 1pm lunch (on your own)
1pm – 2:30pm seminar*
*You must register for this class; this class will have certification available for those that attend.
Two professionally framed portraits of the 44th President of the United States, Barack H. Obama, including a letter of authenticity from GPO, will be raffled off FREE to those who attend and RSVP. Please RSVP today to ensure your name is entered in to the raffle. You must be present to win.
Cost: Free to attend for any federal employee or contractor employed by the federal government
Agenda for the event/Further topic discussions:
9:00am Welcome to GPO! Meet the GPO team
9:30am GPO Product Line up and going Green with GPO!
10:45am The GPOExpress Program
11:30am Learning How to Fund a GPO Program
12:00-1:00pm Break for lunch (on your own)
1:00pm Learning how to place work with GPO and GPO Forms 101
2:00pm The GPO Institute is now GPO University!
2:15pm Navigating the GPO web site
2:30pm Seminar Wrap up and Raffle Drawing
Seminar Location and Further information:
Federal Highway Administration Building
545 John Knox Road
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided to all attendees.
For full information on the event including, seminar topic breakdowns, Per Diem for the Tallahasee area, Hotel Recommendations, Directions and more, click here.
For further information on this seminar and a complete list of GPO products and services please visit www.gpo.gov.
Can’t make this event? To see more events like this across the nation, please visit www.gpo.gov/customers/roadshows
When & Where
U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO)
GPO is your federally mandated printing resource. Visit us to learn more at www.gpo.gov