If you have pre-diabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. A free National Diabetes Prevention Program class will be held on Thursdays from March 10, 2016-March 8, 2017. The class meets for 16 weekly sessions followed by six monthly sessions from 6-7 p.m. at the Daniels Fund, 101 Monroe St. in Denver. The National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), utilizes lifestyle change intervention to reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
The diabetes program includes:
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants who have shared goal
- 16 weekly sessions
- 6 monthly follow-up sessions to help you maintain healthy lifestyle changes — and fun
COAW is a nonprofit organization that provides health and wellness leader trainings, community health classes and falls prevention screenings to assist individuals and communities in achieving better health.