Free Lesson Program: Surf, Stand Up Paddle, Skimboarding
Island Water Sports has been featuring Free Lessons since 1993. We've taught thousands of people to surf, skim, and stand up paddle. Our free surf lesson program is designed to get the begginner up and going in the first session. However, you can come back to the free lesson program as often as you like. It is a great chance to experience the sport for the first time, improve your skills, or just make new friends.
Our free lesson program is open to the public ages 5 and older. Due to popular demand, we must limit the attendance to 150 people. Limiting the number of students ensures safety and fun for everyone. Paid group lessons are also available. See our website for full details.
After you register you will need to fill out an waiver, we require a completed waiver for every participant. If the student is a minor, a parent or legal guardian will need to complete the waiver. We only need the waiver completed one time. After that, only a wrist-band is needed. If possible, please download and complete the following form and bring it in with you. Otherwise, we will have them available at the store to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What time are the lessons?
7:00am - 9:00am. Arrive early. Free parking is limited.
- Why do I need to register online?
Our free lesson program is very popular and we must limit the number of participants per event. Registration guarantees your spot in the class.
- Is there a cost?
No, the Free Lesson Program is totally free. Boards and instructors are provided.
- Where do we meet?
We meet at the store: IWS, 1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, FL 3344
- What if registration is closed online?
Registration will close when the maximum number of participants is reached. However, you can still show up and be placed on a wait list. Occassionally, someone will register but not be able to attend. We do our best to make sure that everyone is able to participate.
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event? Free parking is available in the Island Water Sports and Barracuda Restaurant parking lot 6:30 AM - 9:15 AM. All vehicles remaining in these lots after 9:15 AM will be towed. There is a parking garage directly across the street from Island Water Sports. Ask an IWS employee for a $2 coupon towards your parking.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For more information, visit our website: