Legal Aid of North Carolina’s free expungement clinic explains North Carolina expunction law to help participants determine if they are eligible to have one or more charges removed from their criminal records. You can also ask general questions to a volunteer attorney through the webinar, however, specific advice is not provided. If you determine you qualify for an expunction during the clinic, you will be given the opportunity to request a callback from Legal Aid in which you will go through a phone screening for additional assistance. Legal Aid services are free of charge.
Clinics are located in many NC counties. If you do not see a clinic in your city or county, please check the surrounding counties in your area. The instructional video from the clinic is on YouTube.com. You can also call the Legal Aid Helpline directly at 866-219-5262, because Legal Aid assists with some expungement cases if you qualify for additional services.
TO REGISTER: Click the blue “SELECT A DATE” button above. The page will refresh, and a green “REGISTER” button will replace the “SELECT A DATE” button. Click the green “REGISTER” button to continue registering for this date. To pick a different date, use the “Select a different date” drop-down menu on the right, then click the green “REGISTER” button at the top of your screen to select a free ticket at the location of your choice.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- Free parking is available at each location. Most locations are accessible by public transportation.
What should I bring to the event?
- You should only need a pen. We will provide the instructional materials. Please do not bring small children to the clinic if possible.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No. You do not need to bring a printed ticket or show an electronic version of a ticket at the clinic. You may be asked to sign in when you arrive at the clinic.
Can I attend a clinic without registering online?
- You can attend the clinic without registering only if space is available. If space is not available, we will ask you to reserve a ticket for a future clinic.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Please call the Legal Aid Helpline at 866-219-5262 with any questions about the clinic.