The Artaria String Quartet is one-third of the way through an "Arts Learning" grant sponsored by the Minnesota State Arts Board. The next stop on their tour of free concerts in Minnesota is the St. Mane Theatre in Lanesboro on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. The concert will last 90 minutes, including intermission. Program details will be announced closer to the concert.
Rob Hubbard of the St. Paul Pioneer Press describes the Artaria String Quartet as an “exceptional ensemble with impressive confidence in its interpretations” and “Minnesota's foremost teaching and performing string quartet”. Winners of the 2004 McKnight Fellowship for Performing Musicians, and named 2013-14 Minnesota Public Radio Artists-in-Residence, Artaria was also featured on Twin Cities Public Television as part of the "Minnesota Originals" series.
Artaria's refined and thoughtful playing has brought them to major venues throughout the United States and Europe, on national television and public radio stations, and at top summer festivals including the Banff Centre in Canada, Festival de L’Epau in France, and the Tanglewood Music Center in Lenox, MA.
Artaria has earned numerous awards from the National Endowment for the Arts, Chamber Music America, and the Minnesota State Arts Board for excellence in performance and educational outreach. Directors of the Artaria Chamber Music School, a premiere weekly string chamber music program in Saint Paul; and Stringwood Chamber Music Festival, featuring the ASQ and renowned guest artists every June in Lanesboro, MN; they are founders of the Saint Paul String Quartet Competition, which showcases the nation’s top high school age string quartets each April.
- This is a free event! However, patrons are encouraged to register in advance as seating is limited.
- The St. Mane Theatre box office will open for business at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the event. Remaining tickets will be distributed in-person beginning at that time.
- If you are unable to register online or need additional assistance, you may try calling 507-467-2446, on weekdays before 5pm, to register over the phone.
- We will have a list of the names of patrons that registered in advance at the box office beginning at 6:30 p.m. If the person who registered and their guests arrive together, no receipt or proof of purchase is needed in order to be admitted to the event–we will have a list!
- Alternatively, attendees can also present a printed copy of the Eventbrite ticket PDF the person who registered was sent or simply pull it up and present it on a smart phone.