Actions and Detail Panel
Free College Financial Planning Night
Tue, March 21, 2017, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PDT
This will be a valuable College Financial Planning Workshop focusing on how best to prepare for your student’s college future.
We will cover the FAFSA form and all the other information you need to understand in order to maximize the amount of financial aid you are eligible for. If your family is not eligible for need-based aid we will cover the best strategies on how to pay for college....without resorting to expensive college loans.
There are new FAFSA timelines that your family needs to be aware of!
In this workshop, you will learn:
- What to do right now if you haven't saved enough for college
- The 5 biggest mistakes parents make that cause them to overpay for college...and how to avoid them
- How to pay for college without relying on 529 plans, expensive private college loans, or raiding your retirement accounts
- How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages
- How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family
- How to lower your "out-of-pocket" costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school
- Where to find college scholarships.
- How to start planning now for the upcoming cost of college.
- How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid & scholarship packages.
- Learn what assets are taken into consideration when the U.S. Dept. of Education calculates your Family Contribution.