A delightfully stinky adventure in Wine and Cheese- Did you know France is the home of the big six in wine and cheese? Learn the origins of Pinot Noir, Cabernet, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Camembert, Chevre, Brie and more. Figure out how to tell what’s in your glass by deciphering the label. Discover why some of the cheeses of France are shown to be a healthy part of your diet! France is the benchmark for learning about wine and cheese. Sail away on a delightfully stinky adventure into the history of wine and cheese! This tasting will feature the Loire Valley, South West, Languedoc and Bordeaux.
Key points about this tour:
- 2 hours
- See all major lower Manhattan sites at Sunset while enjoying 5 wine and cheese pairings!
(World One, Financial District, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Brooklyn Bridge)
- Hosted by wine & cheese expert, Wendy Crispell
- Each event has a special theme or region covered (see themes listed in detailed activity descriptions online)
- Offered aboard *Manhattan* or *Manhattan II* (1920s inspired yachts)
- Includes a complimentary beer, wine or Champagne from the bar
- Seating available in climate controlled cabin or on the outer deck
- No narration about the sites - Popular for date night, 'ladies' night' or 'after-work drinks'
- Also great for a leisurely Saturday afternoon activity
Join us for our new series celebrating the wonderfully diverse and ever-changing world of wine!
Each week we will focus on a different region exploring the grapes, styles, soils, viticulture, and tasting techniques that will help you enjoy your wine! These interactive tastings will be conducted by our wine professional Wendy Crispell in a fun, relaxed atmosphere aboard the beautiful yacht *Manhattan* or *Manhattan II*. This season's tastings will feature a number of different artisan & farmstead cheeses selected each week to complement the wines of the day. In addition, a selection of dried fruit, nuts and breads will be served to highlight each pairing.
Highlights, topics and themes of the tour include:
* Taste five different wines from a specific region in the world
* Artisan cheese matched with the wines of the evening
* Learn the basics of tasting in a fun, informative setting
* Find out what makes each wine different and unique
* Discuss major styles, grape varieties, regions, trends and more
* Don't miss this opportunity to swirl, sniff, and taste your way down the Hudson. Relax in our beautifully enclosed solarium for this educational event as we cruise around Manhattan in style.