San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This class is designed to help mechanics set, maintain, and repair the fourwheel
mechanical sweeper for the best operation. Setting of brooms, elevators,
and conveyors will be discussed with emphasis on safety, proper operation,
maintenance, and repair.
Class will include troubleshooting of electrical and hydraulic systems related to sweeping functions. Sweepers
discussed will include the 4M Broom Bear, 4M Road Wizard, and 4M Eagle.
● Sweeper Operation from the Mechanic’ Point of View
● Operating Parameters Main and Side Broom Settings and Operation
● Conveyor Systems –Settings, Operation, Maintenance, and Repair
● Elevator Systems –Settings, Operation, Maintenance, and Repair
● Operating and Emptying the Hopper
● Water Pumps and Spray Nozzles
● Maintenance of the Sweeper –Maintenance Schedule
● Hydraulic System
● Pneumatic System
● Electrical System
● Electronics and the Electronic Service Tool
● Troubleshooting all sweeper systems
● Power Systems, CNG and Diesel, including the Tier 4 Final Cummins QSF2.8
Who should attend: New and experienced maintenance personnel and mechanics who want a better understanding of the Elgin mechanical sweeper line.
Dates Offered: April 19-21, July 19-21, October 18-20