Urban Zen Integrative Therapy (UZIT), created by Colleen Saidman Yee and Rodney Yee is a holistic care method that relies on the synergistic effects of in-bed movements, restorative yoga poses, breath-awareness exercises, meditation, essential oils, Reiki (energy balancing), nutrition, and contemplative care. UZIT-trained therapists work in a wide range of settings, from hospitals to rehab centers to senior-care and hospice facilities across the United States, helping patients and health care workers. The practice is also useful for any one interested in taking care of family and friends. UZIT has been shown to ease insomnia, pain, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, and constipation (referred to as PANIC)—things that are amplified during illness or a hospital stay but that we experience in daily life too.
In this three-day workshop you will learn basic UZIT strategies for relieving and reducing burnout. The skills you learn in Estes Park will prepare you for the full UZIT training, which includes an additional 12 in-person training days, over the course of four months.
Each training day at Estes Park begins with a yoga class that includes active and restorative poses, breath work, and meditation. This practice is followed by lectures, discussions, and practices related to UZIT modalities, including.:
- Yoga therapy: In-chair and in-bed mindful movements, restorative yoga, breath awareness, and guided body awareness meditation
- Reiki: Level 1 training for self-practice (full Reiki Level 1, for patient care, is offered on Saturday [TE: include page number and/or link])
- Essential oil therapy: Protocol for using three therapeutic-grade essential oils—lavender, lemon, and peppermint—and information on using other single oils and blends
- Nutrition: Nutritional information as a form of self-care for UZITs.
- Contemplative Care: Training and practice in the ability to stay present, calm, and effective in the midst of suffering
You’ll learn how to layer these modalities to address the symptoms of PANIC in yourself so that you can be more grounded, relaxed, and restored, and be present as your serve others. As Roshi Joan Halifax, a Buddhist teacher and pioneer in the field of end-of-life care, says, “Healthcare without self-care is sick care.”
Add one more day and participate in the Reiki Level 1 Training
UZIT trainees at YJ LIVE receive $50 off this Reiki training-
This training, taught by Reiki master Marcia Miller, ERYT-500, is strongly recommended for those—yogis, yoga teachers, healthcare professionals, parents, school teachers, and Urban Zen Integrative Therapy trainees with Rodney and Colleen Saidman Yee at YJ LIVE—who want to help themselves or help others find peace and wellbeing. Saturday, September 24
What to expect:
- An introduction to Reiki theory, guided practice, and group discussions led by master Reiki teacher Marcia Miller (ERYT-500)
- Level 1 attunements, a process that unlocks your life force energy so you are more aware of it and can begin using the technique
- Practice treating yourself and others