Foundations of Dialogue Education
from Principles to Practice
Four-day workshop for teachers, trainers, facilitators, and managers
Dialogue Education™ (DE) is a learner-centered system of teaching and curriculum design that is uniquely purposeful, engaging, and collaborative. Unlike traditional methods that push information onto passive learners, DE brings the learner into active relationship with both the content and the learning process. As a result, DE has the power to utterly transform the way you teach, and to also transform the way your learners absorb and retain content.
In this dynamic four-day workshop, you’ll directly experience the core concepts and practices of Dialogue Education. By the time you leave, you’ll have helpful tools and skills that will completely re-engage your passion and purpose for teaching, training, or facilitating.
As an added bonus, Learning to Listen, Learning to Teach is the first step toward becoming a Certified Dialogue Education Practitioner, should you wish to continue your professional development in DE.
Based on the insights and pedagogy of Dr. Jane Vella, Dialogue Education focuses on how adults learn best: by becoming active participants in their own learning experience. DE is highly collaborative, and recognizes the rich resource of knowledge each adult learner brings in to the session so that this becomes part of the fabric of learning. The methods are proven and the results are measurable and profound.
Who can benefit from DE?
Dialogue Education has been successfully used worldwide by thousands of individuals and organizations, including those in the non-profit, NGO, corporate, academic, religious, and government sectors. Check out our clients
More specifically, Dialogue Education can have a transformative impact on your work if you are involved in:
- in-house training
- public education and outreach
- managing organizational learning
- organizing business and strategic planning meetings
- managing professional development
Learning how to skillfully use the building blocks of Dialogue Education will:
- Build your confidence as a teacher, trainer, or facilitator.
- Guide you in designing a clear, structured, yet flexible curriculum for any learning event, and an environment for learning that is challenging, safe, and lively.
- Allow you to guide your learners through a meaningful and profound shift in their knowledge, with demonstrable long-term results.
- Enhance your value to your organization and beyond with skills that are transferable to a diverse range of situations and contexts.
- Re-ignite your passion for teaching and leading others.
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- Examined how to make learning real, meaningful, and relevant
- Used the Learning Needs & Resources Assessment (LNRA) to understand your learners and make the learning relevant for them
- Created and facilitated a 30-minute design for learning using the 8 Steps of Design
- Integrated cognitive (ideas), affective (feelings) and psycho-motor (actions) domains into your learning tasks
- Identified how you’ll transfer what you’ve learned into your “real world” circumstances
- Participated in three strong closings, modeling how to effectively conclude a learning event
- Worked collaboratively and used techniques that are effective for small groups
- Named and used the principles and practices of Dialogue Education for sustainable learning
Foundations of Dialogue Education is also offered as a customizable, in-house course for your business or organization. We’ve taught in many languages and are happy to try to accommodate your language preference. Please contact us to explore the possibilities for working together.
Class size: up to 12 (due to participative, learning-centered approach)
Length: 4 full days
Tuition includes all workshop materials and supplies, a substantial workbook, and two teaching tools. You also will receive your own copy of Dr. Jane Vella’s book, Learning to Listen, Learning to Teach.
When Can I Book Travel & Lodging?
We advise waiting to book non-refundable travel or lodging. When the course reaches the registration threshold, the facilitator will contact you to say it is safe to book non-refundable travel and lodging.
What is the Cancellation and Refund Policy?
Should you need to cancel, contact Buffy Root: email@example.com. Cancellations more than 45 days before start date: 1) $125.00 cancellation fee will be charged to cover the cost of expenses incurred by GLP; and 2) the remaining balance will be issued in the form of a check, NOT credited to a credit card. Cancellations less than 45 days before start date: NO REFUND.
Are Participant Substitutions Permissible?
Yes! These are welcome up to 30 days before the start date.
Save This Event
When & Where
Global Learning Partners
Global Learning Partners provides learning services for organizations and individuals around the globe. Through training, consulting and coaching, we work with you to design and implement learning solutions that support your mission and business goals, help you to better deliver on commitments to customers and stakeholders, and create positive change within your organizations and in the world.