Who: This course is designed for directors, managers and analysts who have ideas for one or more predictive model that they want to implement.
Deliverable: Students will walk away with a template for an adoption and implementation plan for their ideas/model.
When: This entire course will be "on-demand" to enable you to learn on your own schedule. All seven modules (see below) should take ~ 3 hours to complete. We will also host an online, asynchronous discussion group so students can collaborate, network, ask each other questions and engage with the instructor.
Benefits of Being a Pioneer Student:
80% discount off regular tuition
access to the course videos and handouts indefinitely
access to any enhancements or changes made to the course over time at no extra charge (our hope is for pioneer students to provide constructive feedback that will enable us to further enhance and build the course)
Foundations: How to Increase Adoption of Your Predictive Models
Module 0 Setting Stage: Why predictive models are important
Module 1 Go! Getting started
Module 2 Who: Identifying the key players to be involved
- Determining how stakeholders are impacted
- Identifying which workflows are impacted
- Asking the right questions
Module 3 How: Deciding which models to build
- Identifying areas of greatest need (demand assessment)
- Assessing the key elements of your project (data, resources, technology)
- Determining the data elements you need
Module 4 Prioritization: Determining which model to start with
- Validating which models will deliver the most value
- Aligning with highest priorities at your organization
- Adopting a simple approach to ranking priorities
Module 5 Development: Creating the appropriate workflow for your model
- Defining the success of the model
- Measuring impact
- Determining when you need a predictor in in the care management process
Module 6 Conversion: Converting a Proof of Concept to an Actual Implemented Model
- Creating a draft of Required Specifications
- Example of RFS document
- Generating more funding, more models, better outcomes
Module 7 Summary: Key Components to Your Model and Template
- Students will walk away with a template for an adoption and implementation plan for their ideas/model.