WHENThursday, December 8, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Check-in and coffee: 8:30 a.m.
For nonprofits and individuals who are new to foundation fundraising
The foundation approach to funding presents distinct challenges and opportunities for nonprofits. This introductory course helps you understand the grantmaking objectives of independent, corporate, and community foundations; identify grantseeker resources; and effectively partner with grantmakers.
- Gain a better understanding of the philanthropic landscape and the world of foundations
- Adopt the terminology used in foundation fundraising
- Position your organization as a desirable partner to grantmakers
- Understand the process of getting grants
- The characteristics grantmakers look for in their nonprofit partners
- Characteristics of foundations, corporate donors, and grantmaking public charities and their role in philanthropy
- The proposal process
- Researching grantmakers to target the best prospects before submitting a proposal
- Applicable for six CFRETM International points
- Complimentary one-week subscription to Foundation Directory Online Professional
- Free copy of Foundation Fundamentals, 8th Edition (a $39.95 value)
- Templates for worksheets used in the course
When & Where
Foundation Center West
Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed.