Forum on the Future of Housing: What's Next for Housing Demand, Mortgage Finance, and Recovery
Thursday, April 18, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Zillow, the Progressive Policy Institute, and the American Action Forum host a forum to bring together experts to discuss the future of housing in the U.S.
Forum on the Future of Housing: What’s Next for Housing Demand, Mortgage Finance, and Recovery
Thursday, April 18, 2013
8AM – 12:30PM
Knight Conference Center at the Newseum
555 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, 7th Floor, Washington, D.C.
Please enter the Freedom Forum Entrance located on 6th St.
between Pennsylvania Avenue & C St.
Keynote Addresses by:
The Honorable Johnny Isakson
United States Senator
The Honorable Jeff Merkley
United States Senator
Top Housing Experts Discuss What’s Next for the Housing Market in Two Panels:
The Future of Housing Demand
Moderated by Diana Olick, CNBC
The Future of Mortgage Finance
Moderated by Nick Timiraos, Wall Street Journal
Other speakers include:
· Eric Belsky, Managing Director of Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard
· Amy Bohutinsky, Chief Marketing Officer, Zillow
· Mark Calabria, Director of Financial Regulation Studies, Cato Institute
· Mike Fratantoni, Vice President, Mortgage Bankers Association
· Jason Gold, Senior Fellow for Financial Markets, Progressive Policy Institute
· Laurie Goodman, Senior Managing Director, Amherst Securities Group, L.P.
· Doug Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
· Jerry Howard, CEO, National Association of Home Builders
· Chris Mayer, Paul Milstein Professor of Real Estate, Columbia Business School
· Scott Simon, Managing Director, Pacific Investment Management Co.
· Richard A. Smith, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Realogy Holdings Corp.
With a special overview of the nation's housing market by
Zillow Chief Economist Stan Humphries
8:00 AM: Breakfast
8:25 AM: Welcome
8:30 AM: Opening Address: The Honorable Johnny Isakson, United States Senator
9:00 AM: Overview of the Nation's Housing Market: Zillow Chief Economist Stan Humphries
9:30 AM: Panel 1: The Future of Housing Demand
10:40 AM: Short Break
10:50 AM: Panel 2: The Future of Mortgage Finance
12:00 PM: Closing Address: The Honorable Jeff Merkley, United States Senator
12:30 PM: Adjourn + Boxed Lunch