Explore lightness and strength in arm balance, abdominal exercises and strong yoga poses, at the same time learn how to heal your body. Join Forrest Yoga Workshop With Finlay Wilson on 21,22 & 23 October 2016 at iSpirit Asia Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. A great workshop for all levels of yoga practitioner, modifications will be offered for a variety of levels.
- Title: Forrest Yoga Workshop With Finlay Wilson
- Date: 21,22,23 October 2016 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Venue: ISPIRIT ASIA (ONE SOUTH): B-5-12, One South Street Mall, Taman Serdang Perdana, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia (View Map)
- Organizer: AIM Yoga
- Support: www.iSpirit.asia
- Partner: Yogavatar New Age Yoga
- Inquiries email: iSpirit.email@example.com
- Inquires contact: +6011 1184 4184 (call only) or +6012 3037022 (call and whatsapp)
- REGISTER NOW
- Event Category: Yoga Workshop
- Language: English
- Presenter: Finlay Wilson
- Duration: 3 days. Total 21 hours
- Level: All levels
- Contents: Practice & Theory
- Certification: Students will receive official certificate of attendance from iSpirit Asia upon completion of the sessions.
Day #1: 21 October 2016 Friday
9:00am to 12:00pm: Intro to Arm Balances
Explore lightness and strength in arm balance and handstand transitions as we deconstruct and play with some very fun Yoga poses. Suitable for all levels! Challenge yourself to ask the question, “What part of this can I do?” and then delight in what you achieve!
1:30pm to 4:00pm: Journey to the Core
Our core extends from pelvis to the head, an area with numerous connections. Holding the major energetic centres and chakras this is an ideal place to focus our breath for Yoga Therapy. Exploring abdominal exercises and strong poses we will get warm and look at connecting to this power centre, creating space in the abdominals to create a reﬂexive and responsive abdominal and core.
Day #2: 22 October 2016 Saturday
9:00am to 12:00pm: Forrest Yoga Inversions
In Forrest Yoga, we use intense poses to sparkle up our blood and to excite the body. Nothing is more exciting than inversions, turning the world on its head and changing your perspectives physically. Using Forrest Yoga sequences we will stabilise the shoulders, strengthen the core and work on ways to break the anxiety around going upside down by using very safe inversions. Once we have established some foundations, you can play at your level with what would work best to bring aliveness into your body.
1:30pm to 4:00pm: Heal Your Back
Many of us suffer from back pain, and as a result can approach back bending with a degree of apprehension and anxiety. This workshop will break through this by teaching you poses and breath work to bring space and healing to your back. Learn how to revitalise and strengthen your back in order to heal and bring freedom from back pain.
Day #3: 23 October 2016 Sunday
9:00am to 12:00pm: Acro-Edge
Combining intelligent sequencing, partner balance and ﬂying therapeutics this workshop offers students of all levels the change to work together to build strength and community together. Learn clear cueing, safe spotting and basic – intermediate acro balance and have a blast!
1:30pm to 4:00pm: Unlocking Hips
Unlocking The Hips: Using breath and Forrest Yoga sequencing we will begin to unravel the tension around the hips and low back. Through standing poses and some of the exquisite Forrest Hip openers you will go deeper into your hips than before!
ABOUT FINLAY WILSON
Finlay is a certiﬁed Forrest Yoga teacher. He is the founder and principal teacher of Heart Space Yoga & Bodyworks in Dundee and is a widely sought after international teacher. Finlay began Yoga in 2007 following surgical procedures on both legs and used Yoga for his rehabilitation. Finlay has completed over 1000 hours of training with Forrest Yoga Certiﬁcation Programmes along with over 1000 hours of Ashtanga and Vinyasa training. Finlay leads classes all over the UK, features on his online Yoga channel at Mat2Mat, presents at Yoga conferences and performs asana demonstrations at events and fundraisers. He is highly passionate about working with children and young people and established the Young Yogis Project to bring free Yoga to toddlers, children, teenagers and young people with special needs and disability.
Finlay is very hands on in the Yoga room drawing on over 8 years of Bodywork experience fusing Thai Massage and Structural Integration techniques with the advanced hands on assist from the Forrest Yoga practice. He has experience in working with physical disability and complex injury needs and can tailor his sessions for beginner students and advanced students that are looking to realise the next stage of their power.
Finlay continues his training with a rigorous daily practice and regularly travels around the world to work with other leading Forrest Yoga teachers and with his teacher, Ana Forrest, herself. As an assistant to Ana Forrest, he has learned how to construct sequences that are highly intelligent and congruent with the needs of the individual coupled with compassionate hands on assists that will make you feel safe and guide you into feeling your body in a new and exciting way.
You can now practice online with Finlay via Mat2Mat.com, an online Yoga platform. He has recorded workshops and classes of all levels and themes so no matter where you are in the world, you can get some great medicine at home. Don’t forget to check out his website ﬁnlay-Wilson.com and his Instagram @ﬁnlay0901
FEES & PAYMENT
- 3 days Workshop MYR1800 (regular price) / MYR1440 (Early Bird ends 9 September 2016)
- 2 days Workshop MYR1200 (regular price) / MYR960 (Early Bird ends 9 September 2016)
- 1 day Workshop MYR600 (regular price) / MYR480 (Early Bird ends 9 September 2016)
- Yogavatar Students and graduates get 10% discount (Coupon Code required)
- Bank Transfer to Malaysia Hong Leong Bank Account: 24300006463 ISPIRIT ASIA
- Cash Payment to organizer representative: Contact +6011 11844184
- Pay with Paypal* to account firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay with credit card*
- *3% online payment service charge will be applied for payment by credit card or Paypal
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos and video may be taken from time to time on our premises by iSpirit.asia employees, solely for iSpirit.asia marketing purposes.
- No refund or credit will be issued for cancellation 6 weeks before the event.
- All refunds are subject to a 10% processing fee that will be deducted from your refund.
- Step-1: Fill in the form to register
- Step-2: Receive an email from iSpirit Asia, which will direct you to payment procedure.
- Step-3: Make payment to iSpirit Asia
- Step-4: Email payment slip to email@example.com
- Step-5: Receive an online receipt from iSpirit Asia within 3 working days
- REGISTER NOW http://www.ispirit.asia/forrestyoga-finlay/