San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Want to learn more about the connection between diet and health? The idea of food as medicine is put to the test. Throughout the film, cameras follow “reality patients” who have chronic conditions from heart disease to diabetes. Doctors teach these patients how to adopt a whole-foods plant-based diet as the primary approach to treat their ailments—while the challenges and triumphs of their journeys are revealed.
You can read more about the film and watch the trailer here: www.forksoverknives.com.
Riverside United Methodist Church (RUMC)
- RUMC is on Park Street in Riverside, across the street from Riverside park and immediately next to the Presbyterian chuch.
- Parking is FREE; various spots on the road as well as a parking lot across the street (Riverside Park Pl).
- You can enter from the main entrance on Park Street- signs will lead you to the room.
- Doors open at 6:30, movie will start around 6:50pm-7:00pm.
- Movie running time is 1 hour 39 minutes, so anticipate ending before 8:40.
- Snacks will be generously provided by Fresh Jax; http://www.freshjax.com/.
- The admission fee pays for the license to show the movie.Therefore, once tickets have been purchased, there are absolutely no refunds.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance due to space limitations. Ticket sales at the door will be based on space availability.