This training program will help attendees identify most common hazards associated with PITs, and demonstrate PIT (powered industrial trucks) operational best practices, demonstrate pedestrian safety best policies, and discuss the most common OSHA PIT violations.
Why Should You Attend:
Does your organization have forklifts, articulating booms, scissor lifts (also known as powered industrial trucks, a.k.a PITs), are used throughout general and construction industry because of their unique capabilities. When matched to the appropriate job, they can accomplish tasks efficiently and effectively. However, if this equipment is used without a safety program in place, and validated that it is in place, disaster can result in serious injuries, usually death.
Each of these pieces of equipment has unique safety considerations that you must thoroughly address. This webinar will focus on developing a thorough safety training and auditing program for each that will assist in reducing incidents and improving performance.
- Identify most common hazards associated with PITs.
- Explain retraining requirements for all incidents.
- Demonstrate PIT operational best practices.
- Demonstrate pedestrian safety best policies.
- Discuss the most common OSHA PIT violations.
- Identify operational best practices to safely drive PITs.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- OSHA standards applicable to forklifts, articulating booms, and scissor lifts
- Potential hazards associated with each piece of equipment and typical incidents that occur
- How to develop and implement a comprehensive training program
- Operation best practices
- Keys to performing pre-pre inspections, routine inspections, and maintenance
- Pedestrian safety
- How to implement a recordkeeping and retraining process
- What to consider when purchasing forklifts, articulating booms, and scissor lifts
- Most common OSHA PIT violations
Who Will Benefit:
- Plant Managers
- Plant Foremen
- Safety Committee Members
- Powered Industrial Truck Operators
- Operations Managers
- Construction Foreman
- Occupational Safety Consultants
- HR Managers
- General Industry Business Owners
- Construction Business Owners
- Plant Supervisors
- Project Managers
- Safety Managers
Michael Aust is the president and owner of 1030 Communications, LLC. Mr. Aust has a Master of Science in Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Management degree and is a certified environmental compliance manager #5678. He has been an authorized OSHA outreach instructor since 2000.
He has provided safety management expertise since 1995. He has developed and implemented safety management systems for organizations without such processes and helped mature management systems for Fortune 50 and Fortune 100 companies.
Some highlights of his involvement in professional organizations include: Security Committee Louisiana Chemical Association (LCA), Safety Committee Louisiana Chemical Association (LCA), American Society of Safety Engineers, South Louisiana S.T.E.P.S. AdHoc Committee Member, Greater Baton Rouge Industrial Alliance (GBRIA) Owner Entry Requirements Committee, and American Society of Safety Engineers Grapevine Chapter Section Chairperson.
Mr. Aust has provided safety auditing and training services for companies such as US Fusion, The TopCor Companies, BP North America, Honeywell, Gulf South Safety Consultants, The Commodore Corporation – Indiana Division, JE Spear Consulting, and Ivy Tech Corporate College only to name a few. He is also a content contributor for various safety newsletters and blogs.
For Registration - http://www.complianceonline.com/forklift-articulating-boom-and-scissor-lift-safety-programs-how-to-implement-and-maintain-best-practices-webinar-training-704407-prdw?channel=eventbrite
Note: Use coupon code < NB5SQH8N > and get 10% off on registration.