For Educators: Sexual Behavior in Young Children - What's Okay And When To Worry
Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
FULL DAY SEMINAR FOR BAY AREA EDUCATORS
presented by Amy Lang, founder of Birds + Bees + Kids
Sexual Behavior in Young Children - What's Okay And When To Worry
The focus is on typical sexual behaviors, when to worry, and how to interact with kids and parents. This is an interactive session which is informative and just about as fun as this topic can be.
What you'll learn:
- The difference between sex play and sexualized play and when to be concerned
- How to identify and prevent sexual abuse
- Childhood psychological and social sexual development and the common behaviors for each age group
- Techniques for interacting with children engaging in this type of play
- The importance of parental involvement in their children’s sex education
- The impact of your personal history, values and stumbling blocks when working with children regarding this topic
4 Going On 14: Sexualized Childhood - How We Got Here, How It's Impacting Kids + What We Can Do About It
We will look at the impact of sexualization and violence on children, how childhood became so "sexy" in the first place, and what we can do about it as caregivers and professionals who work with children. This training is a bit shorter and just as lively, interactive and fun.
What you'll learn:
- Why kids are growing up so quickly these days
- How our sexualized culture came to be
- How all these sexual messages are impacting our kids
- What we can do to fight against it
Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014
Location: GeoKids, USGS Auditorium
Bring your own lunch
What you'll receive:
- 7 hours towards professional development & training
- Certificate of completion
- Training materials
- Bring your own lunch
+ + +
In addition to this full day conference, we will be hosting a talk for parents and caregivers on Friday, March 7, 2014 from 6-8:30pm.
Click here for more information or to register: 3 Tips Parents Need To Take The STING Out Of The Birds + Bees Talks or call the GeoKids (650-329-4236) front desk for more information.
+ + +
When & Where
GeoKids presents Amy Lang (founder of Birds+Bees+Kids)
I'm very excited to share with you a new program that GeoKids is bringing to the Bay Area for families and educators.
Amy Lang, founder of BIRD + BEES + KIDS, (http://www.birdsandbeesandkids.com/) specializes in working with educators, professionals and families of children ages 2-5 on the topics of child sexual development, common and uncommon behaviors, and how to effectively talk to children.