Food Recall Insurance: Companies in the United States' Food Supply Chain Should Pay Attention!
Friday, April 26, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This training will delve into the specialized world of food recall insurance, and focus specifically on product contamination insurance policies, what they do and do not cover, and how they fit into your risk management strategy.
Why Should You Attend:
There is a heightened awareness concerning food safety among federal agencies, and the focus on the supply chain will inevitably increase the need to guard against the risk of food contamination. Aside from contractual remedies, the next most obvious way to insure against food contamination risk is insurance. Recently, the insurance industry has come up with the "Product Contamination Insurance” policy designed to provide coverage for a company’s economic loss associated with a recall due to contaminated food, whether or not it results in bodily injury or property damage.
This training looks at product contamination insurance policies, what they do and do not cover, and how they fit into your risk management strategy. This session is designed to benefit food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers, food processors, distributors and facilities responsible for packaging and storing food products. It focuses on helping both domestic and foreign entities to minimize their financial risk arising out of contamination related product recall. Your customers are likely to require such insurance so it makes sense to know now how this type of insurance might fit into your company’s liability insurance program.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- FDA's expanded product recall powers under the FSMA
- Why a general liability policy doesn't provide adequate coverage
- An overview of the Food Recall (Product Contamination Insurance) policy and what it is designed to cover
- How the contaminated food policy may fit into your overall risk management strategy
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.