It is that time again for the OSIFT annual FIX* Food Ingredient eXpo * Services and Equipment Too!
Registration is FREE to all who would like to attend and will be open until 6pm on Wednesday the 22nd.
What is FIX*?
Tomorrow's executives are looking for opportunities to improve their competitive abilities. FIX* is the Oregon food industry's best answer to improving competitiveness in our ever changing industry.
FIX* brings local and national suppliers of food ingredients, services and equipment together with local food industry technical personnel, especially those with responsibilities in product development and quality assurance. The goal is to improve the competitiveness of the local food industry.
The FIX* program includes two parts, first a technical session that addresses contemporary issues. Second a tabletop display where suppliers offer their latest innovations and ideas for improving your products and extending your product lines.
Part One- Tech Talk 2pm-4pm
Marijuana Edibles: Oregon's Latest "Food" Products in Oregon.
Examining a new food category in Oregon.
- Learn how to develop new products with challenging sensory characteristics.
- Are there opportunities for your company?
- How is ODA handling this new category?
- Can “edibles” be made in food manufacturing plants?
- What will laboratories be required to test?
- What are the standards for QC and sanitation?
Panelists will include:
Rusty Rock, Field Operations Manager, Oregon Dept. of Agriculture
Jeremy Scott, Co-Founder & Director of Operations, Cascadia Labs
Michael Devlin, Co-Founderm Zoots Brand Premium Cannabis Infused Products
Part Two- FIX* Expo 4pm-7pm
Join over 150 suppliers, 100 Oregon Section IFT members, representatives from local Oregon Food Manufacturers, as well as National Food Manufactures at this annual event. Some examples of ingredient, laboratory, and sanitation suppliers who attend FIX* include:
- Flavors, Spices, Gums, Culinary Bases, Colors, Functional Chemicals, Nutritional, and Nutraceutical Ingredients.
- Fruit and vegetable concentrates.
- Dehydrated, Freeze Dried, Canned, and Frozen ingredients.
- Chocolate and other confectionery ingredients.
- Salts, sugars, starches, flours, proteins, eggs, and gums.
- Soy sauce and nucleotides.
- Cheese, and other dairy ingredients and flavors.
- Microbiological and other analytical laboratories.
- Instruments for color, pH, water activity, weight, oxygen levels.
If you need it, someone here will have it!
Please note that this year FIX* is being held on Thursday the 23rd rather than our traditional Monday (the 20th) to avoid conflicting with Presidents Day. Registration is FREE to all who would like to attend and will be open until 6pm on Wednesday the 22nd. You are welcome to attend both parts, or just one if you would like. If you are attending the technical talk, please be on time so as not to interrupt the presentations. The expo floor however, will be open from 4-7 and you may come at any time during that period. Don't forget to sign up today!!
We look forward to seeing you there!
OSIFT President, 2016-17