San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Washington, DC is gaining attention for its new food scene, and the city's great neighborhoods are helping making that possible.
Join us for a panel discussion and reception about the intersection of smart growth development and DC's burgeoning food community. Weigh in about how small businesses are changing real estate, and how the city can support food industry entrepreneurs through better development. Leading the conversation will be:
- Beth Kanter, Author of Washington DC Chef's Table and Food Lovers' Guide to Washington DC (co-moderator)
- Emily Pearl Goodstein, Photographer for Washington DC Chef's Table (co-moderator)
- Richard Brandenburg, Director of Culinary Strategy for EDENS and Union Market
- Gina Chersevani, Owner and Mixologist of Buffalo & Bergen
- Stacey Price, Executive Director of Think Local First DC
- Che Ruddell-Tabisola, Co-Owner of BBQ BUS DC and Political Director of the Food Truck Association of Metropolitan Washington
You can find a preview of the conversation on our blog: DC's food entrepreneurs and the neighborhoods they call home.
Union Market is a 0.5 mile walk from the NoMa-Gallaudet University Metro station.
Interested in trying UBER to get to this event? Sign up with promo code SGAInTheCity. Get $20 off your first ride, plus UBER will donate $5 to Smart Growth America.
Interested in becoming an event sponsor? Contact us.
This is the second in our series of "In the City" events in which we highlight how small businesses across many sectors are connecting to neighborhoods and different kinds of city spaces.Our first event focused on tech startups—read more here.
When & Where
Smart Growth America
Smart Growth America is the only national organization dedicated to researching, advocating for and leading coalitions to bring better development to more communities nationwide. From providing more sidewalks to ensuring more homes are built near public transportation or that productive farms remain a part of our communities, smart growth helps make sure people across the nation can live in great neighborhoods.