Actions and Detail Panel
FOOD FUNDED 2017
Tue, June 13, 2017, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM PDT
Food entrepreneurs and investors convene again for a day of educational workshops and live investment presentations to catalyze the funding flow for food ventures.
ENTREPRENEUR LAB 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Hands-on workshops facilitated by experienced practitioners. Preliminary list of topics (subject to change):
- Staggering the Funding Rounds: sequence of funding types - what investors are looking for
- The new Crowdfunding for Securities: engaging communities for equity and loan financing
- Corporate VCs investing in food businesses: opportunity or sell-out?
- Structuring Deals: How to get ready for your post-seed financing?
- Being Agile in Operations: growing your operations and infrastructure
- Channel Choices - going retail, food service, or e-commerce?
- Risky Food Business - how to manage and hedge against uncertainties (food safety, recalls etc)
- Smart Tech to Run and Grow a Lean Business
- Building your Business around Social Justice: win-win advocay in the community (access, diversity)
- Food Addressing Climate Change: the regenerative solution and differentiator of our times?
- Failing Forward in Food: how we f#@%'d up (peer-to-peer)
- Kicking the Tires of a Startup: Investors asking the right questions in due diligence
- Pitch perfect: How to craft an engaging 5-minute story for investors?
FOOD INVESTOR FAIR 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The annual Bay Area Food Investor Fair: forum for investors to meet select food entrepreneurs and see pre-screened investment opportunities. Prior investments have ranged from $25K to $10M.
Your registration information is confidential and will not be shared, beyond the main event sponsors.