Food Day Healthy Potluck & Cooking Competition
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us for a Healthy Potluck & Cooking Contest
Your Wellness Committee Members here at Commonwealth invite you to participate in a celebration of Food Day 2012!
We're hosting a healthy potluck and cooking contest. You can bring your favorite healthy specialty, or, if you're shy about your cooking skills, you can skip the contest and just bring something store-bought to participate in the potluck and contest judging.
See the guidelines below for more info!
This event is open to all County employees at the Commonwealth worksite.
Potluck participants must either bring a:
Healthy dish (entrée, side dish or dessert). This item may be homemade or store-bought.
Salad bar item (vegetables, toppings, dressing)
Store-bought item (plates, napkins)
Potluck participants will have a chance to taste all items, and then decide on a winner.
The dishes will be judged based on:
To Enter Your Potluck Dish in the Healthy Cooking Contest
- Only one dish per person to be submitted
- Dish must be either:
- Entrée/main dish (i.e. sandwich, salad, vegetarian, pasta, protein, or casserole)
- Side dish/appetizer (garden salad, rice, vegetable, chip & dip, bread/roll)
- Dessert (fruit salad, cookie, cake, pudding)
- Must supply 25 copies of the recipe (If unable to make copies, please provide electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- May use other people’s recipes, but try to make it your own
- Dish must be cooked or prepared by the contestant
Competition Ingredient Criteria:
Must include at least 2 out of the 4 requirements:
- Contain at least 2 fruits and/or vegetables
- Contain a lean protein (legumes, beans, poultry, fish, tofu, etc.)
- Contain a whole grain (oats, corn, whole wheat, brown rice, quinoa etc.)
- Contain a low or fat-free dairy product
- No added sugar (honey, agave and molasses are acceptable)
- Ingredients used must be low-fat or lower in sodium
Entries will be judged by all potluck participants. Prize information coming soon!