Food Allergen Control for Food Industry Professionals
Thursday, June 27, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This food safety training will provide a comprehensive understanding of food allergens and the risks involved. You will learn how to control or manage food allergens from development to labeling in a food manufacturing environment.
Why Should You Attend:
Undeclared allergens are a Class I FDA recall. Allergen recalls have risen to the second most frequent FDA recalls since 2010. FSMA gives the FDA increased authority to mandate recalls. Allergen sufferers are also on the rise, especially among children. In fact, almost 40% of children with food allergies have severe reactions to those allergens.
Avoidance is the primary defense for food allergen sufferers. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to control and properly label food allergens to assist this growing and vulnerable population.
This 90-minute webinar will provide a comprehensive understanding of food allergens and the risks involved. You will learn proven and practical methods/ processes to manage food allergens from development to labeling in a food manufacturing environment.
- Have an understanding of food allergens and the risks involved
- Familiarize with the knowledge of allergens and their alternatives
- Recognize the presence of allergens through labeling review
- Employ GMPs to prevent cross contamination
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Regulations and Recalls
- Description of the most common allergies and their aliases.
- Anatomy of an allergy
- Segregation and control during processing
- Testing for verification
- Knowledge Assessment
- Attendance Acknowledgement
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.