Actions and Detail Panel
Fodder and Food Foresting (for you and your livestock!)
Sat, April 29, 2017, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM CDT
Cut your feed costs by using food foresting and permaculture techniques that work right here in Oklahoma. Find out what to grow, where to grow it and how. Learn about edible lanscaping for use in your own kitchen.
In this class you will:
- Take a guided tour of Priaire Wind Nursery while learning and even tasting edible herbs and plants native to this area.
- Discuss the plethora of fodder and forage options to reduce or even completely cut feed costs for your livestock.
- See several examples of simple fodder set ups that are affordable and what kind of seed works best to grow in them.
- Discuss creative "alternative" fodders"
- Learn about food foresting and why you should commit to 90% edible landscaping for you and your livestock.
- Talk about preservation of seed, dehydrating, extending your seasons, cover crops and dense gardening and verticle planting.
- Learn how to grow in urban farms and small settings as well as large acreage.
The class fee is $25 - you will recieve a $10 voucher to use at Prairie Wind Nursery along with sample seeds from Bad Baxter Farm to take home. Other items will be available for purchase. Bring a pen & paper and be ready to have a great time.