San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
BE CREATIVE! It's your time to show it.
FoBFL's 5th Annual Beacon Falls Great Cupcake Competition
Sponsored by Friends of Beacon Falls Library
Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 1:00 PM
1. Pre-register by Friday, November 4, 2016 at 5:30 PM. at the Beacon Falls Public Library to receive your entry number or register online and receive your entry number in a return email.
2. Any age may enter – one entry per person. One person per entry. Two age categories (Under 14 / 14 and older).
3. Recipes and title of cupcake must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 4, 2016.
4.. Cupcakes may be made with or without using a box mix. Those made without a mix may be awarded up to 5 extra points in the competition.
5. Entry must be in the form of (1) Baker's Dozen cupcakes (13 cupcakes total).
6. Twelve (12) of the cupcakes must be in a disposable container.
7. The 13th cupcake must be on a separate paper plate with the title of the cupcake and the entrant's number.
8. Entries will be sold at the conclusion of the contest to benefit the Friends of Beacon Falls Library. A minimum donation of $.75/cupcake is appreciated.
9. All entries must be present at the FoBFL Holiday Shopping Fair to be held at St. Michael's Church Lyceum by 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
10. Judging will take place starting at 1:30 PM.
11. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each of two categories (Under 14 and 14 & Older)
1. FLAVOR: Aroma, taste, good balance of flavoring 15 points
2. TEXTURE: Moist and tender - not soggy or dry 10 points
3. CHARACTERISTICS/PRESENTATION (inside and out) 20 points
Consistent shape with overall appeal
4. FROSTING: taste, texture and color 15 points
1. Made from scratch 5 points
2. Book-related theme 5 points
When & Where
Friends of Beacon Falls Library
The Friends of Beacon Falls Library is a volunteer support group that assists the library staff with programs, provides refreshments for events and raises funds for the Library Wish List.