We are excitied to offer the Teen Social Entrepreneurship Program as part of this year's Finger Lakes Social Entrepreneurship Institute. You will learn the fundamentals of social entrepreneurship through interactive and hands-on workshops led by teens from Rochester's WellVentions program.
In this program you will :
- be introduced to sociability, team building, and the productivity of collaboration by sharing the responsibility of creating new products and media materials.
- be exposed to how things are made by providing an interactive experience that shares the process of developing a new product.
- be introduced to responsibility, planning, problem solving, and decision making as you name your product, develop the packaging, calculate production costs, retail pricing, and profit margins.
- experience creative thinking, experiencing a connection to your personal creativity and the power of choice.
- be exposed to the importance of learning how to talk with strangers as a critical career development skill.
- be introduced to the meaning of social entrepreneurship.
Here's the Schedule
10:00am – 10:30am Registration in the Lobby of the Greater Ithaca Activities Center
10:30am – 12:30pm Choose one of the following two workshops
Edutainment Marketing for Social Entrepreneurs, GIAC Teen Lounge, second floor
This is a highly interactive and hands-on workshop. Participants will work in small teams to create their own music videos to both market their product and promote a healthy lifestyle choice. This will include developing a unique character, a parody song, and a music video. Team and Individual Prizes will be awarded in the Networking Hour after lunch.
New Product Development, GIAC Da Fort Room, first floor
This is a highly interactive and hands-on workshop, where participants will be using props and play money to make the kind of decisions needed to develop a new product. Participants will work in small teams to create their own unique pasta brand, and learn the steps involved in creating a product for retail sale. These steps include 1) Recipe Development, 2) Choosing a name, logo and mascot, 3) Creating a mockup of a label to represent their branded product, 4) Choosing between packaging options, 5) Assembling 6 units of product, and 6) Choosing from different sized cartons to create a case of 6. Team and Individual Prizes will be awarded in the Networking Hour after lunch.
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch, GIAC Gym
The WellVentions Teens will serve samples of WellVentions products during lunch.
1:30pm – 2:30pm Networking Hour: Social Entrepreneurship Conversation Starter, GIAC Teen Lounge, second floor
Participants will talk about social entrepreneurship, share what they’ve learned in the workshops with one another, show off their work, and promote themselves and their projects.
All Team and Individual Prizes will be awarded in this Networking Hour. Prizes will include: Cash Prizes, WellVentions Products, Yum Ones Premiums, and Certificates.
We look forward to seeing you on November 13th at 10am at the Greater Ithaca Activities Center, 301 W. Court St, Ithaca, NY.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions or if I have to cancel my registration?
If you have any questions or have had a change in plans, please contact Anke Wessels at email@example.com or call 607-255-6202.
I can't stay for the entire event, can still attend part of it?
No. We ask that all participants commit to being at the program from 10am to 2:30pm.
Is there a cost for this program?
No. This program is offered free of charge to all participants.
Are breakfast and lunch provided?
Yes. The program includes a light breakfast and a full lunch.