Flower essences are an exciting realm of herbalism that focuses on healing mental and emotional states. In this class we'll review the basics of flower essences and how you can make your own. You'll also get to learn about and experience 3 different essences in-depth and take home your own bottle.
- Learning all the basics of flower essences - what they are, how they work, how to make your own
- Understanding 3 different commonly growing flowers and their essences
- Developing your own healing relationship with a flower essence of your choosing
- Understanding the basics of flower essences
- Developing an understanding of how to safely use locally blooming plants
- Healing yourself through choosing a flower essence you can take home
A bit about Tyra -
I am a student of Nature and its medicine.
Currently, I'm pursuing my Masters degree in Acupuncture at the Maryland University of Integrative Health. I'm also a beginner practitioner of Zero Balancing, a manual touch therapy. In 2012, I completed my Bachelor's degree in Philosophy, with a concentration in the biological sciences, at the University of Maryland in College Park. Shortly thereafter, I completed a three-year energy healing immersion and became a Karuna Reiki Master through the International Center for Reiki Training. During this period, I completed training in Native American crystal healing with Cherokee healer David Singing Bear. I am an initiate into the meditative sadhana practices of Ananda Marga and have been trained in Zen Meditation through the American Zen College. I joined the staff at Smile in March 2013, leading me into the study of garden herbalism. Most recently, my study of nature has led me to delve into flower essence healing. I aspire to learn more about mycology and Ayurvedic medicine, and to deepen my personal yoga, Qi Gong, and Tai Chi practice.