Over the past decade there have been dozens of churches and ministries that have been planted and launched because they were inspired from attending The Flavor Fest Urban Leadership Conference at Crossover Church in Tampa, Florida. In addition there has been many other like-minded churches planted or transitioned that have a similar flavor. There is a new urban church movement that is growing around the world. These are churches and ministries that are doing things differently. While many older churches in the urban context seem to be dying these churches are thriving with new life. Some of the major things that make them distinct are that they are Biblical multi-ethnic, multi-generational, and multi-class churches. Many of them are innovative and creative that use the arts including Hip-Hop, R&B, Spoken Word, Dance, Film and more. Many of them are reaching a diverse group of unchurched and dechurched people in their cities. They are engaged in community outreach and making disciples.
Crossover Church and the annual Flavor Fest conference has been a hub for people of this tribe to gather, but it’s still an unorganized emerging tribe. Many of these leaders feel alone and are disconnected from solid resources to help them in their urban context. The Flavor Fest Urban Church Network is here to bring churches together and serve them with resources, inspiration, fellowship and networking. It also launched to help people find relevant churches in their cities as Crossover Church regularly gets visits, calls and emails with people asking if there is a similar type of church in their area. People can now easily come to the Flavor Fest website to see if there is a church in their area they can connect with.
- Your church must believe in the essentials statement of faith (see below)
- Your church must be open to the general public, have regular service times and have a way that people can contact you.
- Your church fits the description in the paragraph above (urban, multi-ethnic, creative, etc.)
- Fill out the church profile form about your church (see below) and our team will connect with you.
- There is a one time investment cost of $75.00 to join and participate in the network for you and your team.
- You will receive a monthly email with news and resources.
- There will be a quarterly online training with leaders in the urban church context.
- You will receive some other resources throughout the year (varied on supply)
- You will receive a special discount for the Flavor Fest Urban Leadership Conference and other conferences and resources we are partnered with.
- There will be a Free dinner for Network Members at the Flavor Fest Conference.
- Your church will be listed on flavorfest.org where people will go to find similar churches of this type.
- You’ll be able to connect, build and grow with other leaders in a similar context.
THE ESSENTIALS WE BELIEVE
- About God: God is the creator and ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. // Genesis 1:1, 26-27, 3:22 / Psalm 90:2 / Matthew 28:19 / Corinthians 13:14
- About Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for all people by dying on the cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return again someday to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. // Matthew 1:22-23 / Isaiah 9:6 / John 1:1-5, 14:10-30 / Hebrews 4:14-15 / 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 / Acts 1:9-11 / 1 Timothy 6:14-15 / Titus 2:13
- About the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and Son. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under his control daily. // 2 Corinthians 3:17 / John 16:7-13, 14:16-17 / Acts 1:8 / 1 Corinthians 2:12,3:16 / Ephesians 1:13 / Acts 2:4
- About the Bible: The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of all truth for all Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error. // 2 Timothy 1:13, 3:16 / 2 Peter 1:20,21 / Psalm 119:105
- About Human Beings: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme objects of God’s creation. Although every person has a great potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This sin nature (attitude) separates people from God and is the root cause of many of the problems of life. // Genesis 1:27 / Psalm 8:3-6 / Isaiah 53:6 / Romans 3:23
- About Salvation: “Salvation” is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sins through self – improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer for forgiveness can any one be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-willed lives and turn to Christ in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into their life by faith. //Romans 6:23 / Ephesians 3:8,9 / John 14:6, 1:12 / Titus 3:5 / Galatians 3:26 / Romans 5:1
- About Eternity: The soul of every human being was created to live forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through salvation and forgiveness. Hell is eternal separation from God. Heaven is eternal union with God. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. // John 3:16, 2:25, 5:11-13 / Romans 6:23 / Revelation 20:15 / Matthew 1:8, 2:44-46