Adobe Flash Camp is a full day event with sessions and a hands-on coding session that will get you up and running and creating mobile application for Android, iOS, and PlayBook with Adobe's tools.
Who: Developers who want to build mobile applications for Android, iOS, and the BlackBerry PlayBook. We're serving beer, so you must be at least 21 years old to attend!
What: Flash Camp - a morning of sessions and an afternoon of hands on coding. Flex and Flash Builder product team members will be on hands to provide answers to questions. Prizes will be given away for the best mobile applications.
When: Saturday, April 30th, 2010. 9 AM PST - 6:00 PM PST
Where: Adobe San Francisco Office. 601 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Why: Three words : code + good beer
How Much: Free and open to the public (limited space and registration required).
What to Bring: Yourself, laptop, ideas for a mobile application. We will provide the beer, lunch, coffee, and snacks.
10:00 - 10:30 - Keynote
10:30 - 11:00 - Building Mobile Applications: Hands on with Flash Builder and Flex 4.5
11:00 - 11:30 - Customer Showcase
11:30 - 12:00 - Break out sessions
- Flash Builder PHP for Mobile Devices
- Dot Next: Flash Builder and Flex for iOS and the PlayBook - Desiging for Mobile - UX/Tips/Tricks/etc for mobile devices 12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch 1:00 - 5:00 - Hands-on Code Camp 5:00 - 6:00 - Code-Camp Showcase and Prize Giveaway
- Dot Next: Flash Builder and Flex for iOS and the PlayBook
- Desiging for Mobile - UX/Tips/Tricks/etc for mobile devices
12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 5:00 - Hands-on Code Camp
5:00 - 6:00 - Code-Camp Showcase and Prize Giveaway
Code Camp Contest
We want to see what you've built during the hands-on session, so we're going to be giving away prizes for those of you willing to showcase your application. We'll be giving away prizes for a few different categories including best use of Flex, most interesting application, and most well-designed application, as well as a few miscellaneous prizes along the way. The prizes include software, an Xbox Kinect, and devices. And feel free to form teams to help divide up the coding work.
Meet the Teams
Members of the Flex and Flash Builder engineering teams will be on hand to answer your questions during the breaks.
Meals will be served throughout the day. In addition, we've selected some local brews for your enjoyment during the event.
Parking and Transportation
• Please arrive early to allow ample time to find parking. Parking will be available in Adobe’s parking structure in addition to street parking.
• SF Muni Bus #10 passes by the Adobe Office en route to the Caltrain Depot, the Transbay Terminal, and Market St. Muni Bus #19 crosses Townsend at 8th street traveling south.
• For a complete list of public transportation options and schedules, please visit San Francisco Bay Area Transit Information.
• Click here for directions to the San Francisco Adobe Office.
Yellow Cab: (415) 333-3333
Luxor Cab SF: (415) 282-4141
American Taxicab: (415) 614-2000