SLOPESTYLE EVENT-2 OF 3
February 25, 2017
This is the second installment of a 3 part slopestyle series at Whitefish Mountain Resort in our Fishbowl Terrain Parks. Slopestyle events provide the best opportunity for skiers and snowboarders to throw down their best tricks on full runs through the Fishbowl Terrain Park using as many jumps and rail features as possible. Open Class will use a ‘Jam’ style format with as many runs as possible in a given amount of time. Compete in one, two or all 3 events. Earn prizes and awards for each event or overall.
9:30 - 10:30am - Check-in / Day of Registration at the Events Office
10:00 - 11:30am - Course Inspection
11:45am - Mandatory Meeting for Upper Level Competitors
12pm - 1:15pm - Slopestyle Competition Start for Upper Level Competitors & Open Class Competitors
1:30pm - Mandatory Meeting for Lower Level Competitors
1:45pm - Competition Start for Lower Level Competitors
2:30pm -Awards at Ed & Mully's
Chair 3 / Fishbowl Terrain Parks.
Open Class and Upper Classes – Central Park
Lower Classes – Depot Park
Pre-register Online before midnight prior to the event
P.S. - It's fun and easy to pre-register and all you have to do is pick up a bib during Day of Registration.
9:30 - 10:30am Day of registration and Pre-reg bib pick up is at the registration shack located between the Events Office and Lower Ed's Run.
What category should I compete in??? We're asking you to self-assess!
If you'd like to compete on the Central Ave. jump line (bigger jumps) you should register in a""Upper Level"" category. If you'd like to compete on the Depot jump line (beginner sized jumps) you should register in a ""Lower Level"" category. Open class will compete on the Armory Park Jump Line (or in Central Ave. jump line if armory is not available).
All categories exist for both skiers and snowboarders.
**All competitors must wear an approved helmet.
Upper Level / Central Park Categories
- Ladies Upper Level (8 and over)
- Groms Upper Level(8 - 12)
- Amateurs Men Upper Level(13 and over)
- Open class (anyone 13+ who wants to thrown down)
**$1500 Cash Purse for Open Class for the series**
Open Class will use a ‘Jam’ style format with as many runs as possible in a given amount of time.
Lower Level / Depot Park Categories
- Ladies Lower Level (8 and over)
- Groms Lower Level (8-12)
- Amateur Men Lower Level (age 13 and over)
- Pre-registration Fees - $30 Open Class / $20 Amateurs*
- Day of Registration Fees - $35 Open Class / $25 Amateurs
- Pre-registration online closes at midnight prior to the event.
- You can compete in one event, two events or all three.
- We will give out fishbowls (and live fish) to category winners for each event
- There is a cash purse for the open class (individual event and overall).
- Overall awards will be determined by using the top two scores at these three events. (if your best run is an 8.1 in the first comp, a 6.9 in the second, and 9.1 in the third, we will drop the worst score and add the two best).
- If you miss one event, you can still win overall.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
- Gold Sponsors: Stumptown Snowboards, Giro, Rossignol, Great Northern Brewery, Sportsman and Skihaus, Bonsai Brewing Project, The Craggy Range, Glacier Distilling, Great Northern Cyle & Ski, Grouse Mountain Lodge, ISO Float Center, Jersey Boys Pizzeria, Mackenzie River Pizza Co., Montana Coffee Traders, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, The Toggery, The White Room, 2nd Street Pizza
- Silver Sponsors: Amazing Crepes, Buffalo Cafe, Piggyback BBQ, Professional Therapy Associates, Casey's Bar
- Special Event Sponsors: EZ Air Academy
What is the cancellation / refund policy?
If you cannot make it to the event for any reason, no problem.
Are there Discounted Lift Tickets for Event Competitors?
Yes, after registration a racer can show their bib at any ticket office to recieve a $40 lift ticket.
What about parking?
There are SHORT TERM parking options in front of event registration (15 minute). After that, please follow all parking signage and park as per normal during the race.
What are my transport options getting to the event?
A shuttle will operate in the upper village areas, and all parking lots will be open through the event.
The SNOW Bus will also operate between Whitefish and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
No. You can easily request a full refund prior to the day of the event. New registrations must be completed by the competitor / gaurdian.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. I'll be honest, it is nice but it is not necessary.
Do WMR Employees / families receive a discount?
Pre-register online to recieve a 50% refund. (Credit card refunded)
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
All skiers and snowboarders must be at least 8 years old and have a parent / guardian sign an assumption of risk policy prior to competing. Participants under 18 yrs of age must have a parent or guardian sign a liability waiver. No exceptions.
Please print the Registration and Liability Waiver posted here and bring it with you if you plan to register on the day of the competition. Parents can take care of this hassle by registering you early online!
Please contact our events department at
406.862.2910 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more events at Whitefish Mountain Resort, visit: http://skiwhitefish.com/events/