First Time Seattle Homebuyers Crash Course by Homebuyingwithconfidence.com
Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Still Renting? Thinking About Owning a Home?
Whether this is your first home purchase or you're an experienced home buyer you will find this class invaluable in your efforts moving forward. Our events are casual in feel with consistent discussion throughout, covering a wide variety of topics along the roadmap of purchasing a home. Refreshments provided, easy parking, RSVP for a free event today!
We'll cover The Entire Real Estate and Mortgage Process from Start to Finish!
See dates & more info: HomeBuyingWithConfidence.com
New Homebuyer Crash Course Sessions / 90-minute to 2-hour class
APRIL CLASS DATES register here or on website
April 20, Thursday / 6:30pm start, First Time Home Buyers Class (Seattle, South Lake Union)
April 22, Saturday / 10am start, First Time Home Buyers Class (Bellevue)
April 25, Tuesday / 6:30pm start, First Time Home Buyers Class (Bellevue)
About these classes: These classes are specially designed 'power hour' events designed to satisfy homebuyer curiosity while still recognizing we're all busy working professionals and attending a 5hr class (below) may not fit into your schedule. We'll cover a wide range of topics from start to finish, including some role playing, common scenarios, recent stories and truths/myths about the real estate market and how to come out a winner with the type of home you'd like for you and /or your family.
Some Key Points We'll Address
- Your 'Buying Power' / i.e. Your lending and mortgage options, understanding which type of mortgage plan is best for you and why, and how you can take advantage of special programs potentially for first time homebuyers
- Current real estate market trends in your area and what that means for you and your Buying Power versus the market
- How to be 'Buyer Ready From Day One' as we say at John L. Scott: Maximizing your purchasing position
- Smart Home Searching: Why more isn't merrier and being "Selective-aggressive" is powerful.
- About the Greater Seattle Areas and Neighborhoods: Identifying where you should be searching that makes the most sense for you and your needs or for your family
- What Renting vs Buying really entails and means from a Financial, Geographical and Situational standpoint.
WSHFC Sponsored New Homebuyer Education Seminars / 5-hour class
April 19, Weds / 4pm start, First Time Home Buyers Class (Bellevue)
April 26, Weds / 4pm start, First Time Home Buyers Class (Seattle)
April 27, Thurs / 4pm start, First Time Home Buyers Class (Bellevue)
About these classes: These classes are longer in length but cover a more elaborate range of topics and many especially related to 'down payment assistance' programs from various counties, cities and the state, in addition to detailed knowledge about the mortgage/lending and real estate process. If you have the time we highly encourage you to register for this class versus the shorter version. 'WSHFC' stands for the 'Washington State Housing & Finance Commission' as part of Homebuyer Education provided by the State of Washington.
Both real estate and mortgage industry instructors are officially licencsed by the Washington State Housing & Finance Commission to teach these courses.
IMPORTANT / ABOUT EVENT LOCATION
We ask that you arrive between 10-15 minutes early so we can start our program on-time and for entry into secure building (when applicable / after hour events and on weekends). Upon registering for the Class you will receive specific instructions and a phone number to text or call for entry since this is a secure building including parking instructions and one of the event hosts will come down to let you in.
Your Event Host / HomebuyingWithConfidence.com Founder
Julian Michael, John L. Scott, 'Buying With Confidence' Residential Realtor
Mortgage Industry Co-hosts
What You'll Walk Away With
- An Action Plan to get prepared to purchase your next home
- Serious food for thought / just the facts with a little bit of optimism
- The option to get on the path to a pre-approval for a mortgage
- Potentially a full stomach from the nibbles we'll have on-site
- Peace of mind moving forward
Whether you decide to us or individually for your next home purchase is of course entirely up to you. We host these style classes - both formal and informal - because we share a love for education and teaching in general and both know how tough it can be out there for those without proper advice and a strong agent and lender on their side. Hope to see you there!!
We will be providing homebuyer certificates as granted through the WSHFC. Julian and his mortgage industry co-hosts are both licensed to teach WSHFC-sponsored homebuyer education classes that are needed for various down payment assistance programs. This program is a 5-hour program with breaks and covers a wider range of topics and special programs available for down payment assistance.
When & Where
Julian Michael, Residential Realtor, John L. Scott & Preferred Lender Co-host
Providing First Class Personal Service, Integrity and Knowledge to home buyers and sellers within their real estate experience. Today's market is highly efficient and full of resources, thus it's vital to have an intelligent and candid professional on your side for every transaction to gain an advantage. (Julian)