First Friday - Participant PREregistration
Monthly Event - First Friday of every month
Lakeland, United States
DLP Partners (dues paying members of the DLP) who wish to set up for a First Friday event must preregister here. You need to register on this site each month. You are able to register for any of the 2014 months. Just choose the date from the drop down screen. If you plan to attend every month you must still register on this site for each of those months.
1. Eventbrite requires a quantity, choose 1.
2. You do not have to log in to an eventbrite account to register. Just fill out the required information. Password is not required.
Once the DLP receives all of the order confirmations, location assignments will be made via email a few days before the event.
Businesees & Organizations who are NOT partners of the DLP:
IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE DOWNTOWN LAKELAND PARTNERSHIP you must register here each month to set up at First Friday. You may not sell or solicit donations. Set up is EXHIBIT space not vending space. If you are approved to exhibit, there is a $100 fee which may be paid at this link. https://squareup.com/market/downtown-lakeland-partnership/first-friday-booth
We do not waive the fee for any group, please do not ask. You are encouraged to look within your organization to find a sponsor to cover the fee if your organization has no funds. Approval for ONE First Friday is not an indication that you will be approved on an ongoing basis or that your business or organization would be approved for membership. The First Friday fee can be applied toward membership dues if you join within 30 days of your first First Friday. If approved you will be assigned a location. Approval is determined by business type and its ability to fulfill the mission of the DLP. Please read all First Friday rules and regulations before completing this preregistration.
First Friday Participation Guidelines:
If you are a member of the Downtown Lakeland Partnership and are current on your dues you can set up a table or a booth at First Friday to promote your business. EVERYONE must sign up here online to participate.
FIRST FRIDAY RULES OF THE ROAD:
1. Any business or not-for-profit partner/member of the DLP may, with prior DLP approval, engage in fund-raising activities once per year, make available literature about their organization or cause, and are encouraged to provide a family-friendly activity that contributes to the festival atmosphere.
2. Participants must confine their solicitations to the immediate vicinity of their booth.
3. Participants may not engage in any activity deemed inappropriate by the DLP Board and/or management, including but not limited to (a) the dissemination of information, written or verbal, that is damaging or derogatory to any other group; or (b) any activity that is prohibited by city, county, state or federal laws.
4. Participants may not share booth space with any other organization or business.
5. Political campaigns/candidates may not participate in DLP events unless that event is designated for such activity. Elected officials who are currently seated may participate only to disseminate information about the function of their office.
6. Placement is at the sole discretion of the DLP and is final.
7. Violation of these rules may result in immediate expulsion from the event and termination of the right to participate in the future.
Non DLP Partners/Members:
Booth fees are non-refundable. In the event of bad weather, or an Act of God, the rental fee will be applied to a date in the future at a comparable event. * Booth fees may not be applied to DLP membership, nor does approval at one First Friday inicate ongoing approval.
For-profit businesses who are not members of the DLP are prohibited from any commerce involving the sale of products, services, or fund-raising.
Participants agree to Rules 2 through 7 of the "DLP Partners/Members section above.
We do not allow vendors at First Friday, therefore businesses outside of Downtown can not join the Partnership in order to sell items at First Friday. Businesses may join and pass out information or give away samples. Membership is not restricted to Downtown businesses. Learn how your business can apply to be a member.
Businesses and non-profit organizations may apply to purchase space at First Friday.
Non-Profit organizations who are members of the Partnership are allowed to periodically collect donations or sell items previously approved by DLP at First Friday events. Please contact us if and when this applies to you so as not to disrupt your ability to participate.
Occasionally depending on the theme, we may invite non-member organizations to participate if their presence adds to the the success of the event. Because we are a dues-based, not-for profit marketing organization, we expect businesses and organizations who wish to benefit from this event to help pay for it via membership. Please do not invite non-member businesses to share your space. This is not allowed.
Placement at First Friday is dependent upon several factors:
1. Do you provide an activity or service that adds to the entertainment mix of First Friday? Those providing an activity will get better placement and access to the public.
2. Do you need electricity? Access to electricity requires certain placement.
3. Are you a GOLD member? GOLD members get preferential placement.
First Friday Set Up:
• First Friday events begin at 6pm. Parking spaces are coned at 3pm. Streets are closed at 5pm. We suggest that you drop your set up materials near your location prior to the streets being closed at 5pm. Once the streets are closed, getting close to your set up spot will be more difficult as you will have to cross barricades. If that is the case, please enter from Massachusetts on to Cedar to unload your set up. All cars must be removed from the streets, so you WILL NOT be able to park near your spot. You may park in the Main Street garage or the permitted lot on the corner of Massachusetts and Cedar, directly across the street from the Main Street garage. See STREET CLOSURE MAP.
• Set up is in the streets' parking spaces along Kentucky Ave.
• The DLP does not provide tables, chairs, tents or any other items for your set up. Electricity and a smile are all we have to offer!
• Please respond EACH MONTH to the emails requesting your participation and activity at your booth.
• Once you notify us of your planned participation, we will email you a location for that month a few days before the event. Locations change to ensure that there is proper rotation for members. Please be sure to respond to the monthly emails regarding First Friday participation.
• Please be sure to clean up your area upon leaving, making sure any trash or stray paper did not fall to the ground. We are responsible for the park and streets during the First Friday event.
Downtown Lakeland Partnership (DLP)
Downtown Lakeland Partnership, Inc.
A Florida not-for-profit Corporation 501(c)(6)
"Promoting & Advocating for Downtown Lakeland"