What To Do
- Select the number of tickets you wish to buy (Up to 4, each ticket is good for 1/2 cord of firewood)
- Click "Order Now", fill-in the required fields and click "Pay Now"
- You will receive your tickets by email
- Print your tickets, bring your signed Liability Waiver and arrive at the trailhead before 8 a.m.
- Staff will lead you into the property where you will load and haul away your firewood
The Fine Print
- Tickets may be purchased for personal use only.
- Each person present must have a signed Liability Waiver.
- Individuals may purchase a maximum of 5 cords (or 10 tickets) annually.
- All sales are final; refunds will not be given.
- Must arrive before 8 a.m. Staff will escort ticket holders promptly at 8 a.m. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated and tickets will be forfeited.
- Firewood must be picked up and removed on the specified ticket date. Firewood not picked up will be forfeited.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed.
- Each ticket holder is allowed up to 2 trucks, and as many helpers as needed as long as they are transported in the allotted vehicles and sign the Liability Waiver.
- Due to adverse road conditions, trailers are not allowed
- Only 1 trip per vehicle is allowed. Make sure your vehicle can haul the amount of firewood you purchase in 1 trip.
- Roads are extremely adverse. 4WD, off-road suitable vehicles are required.
- All vehicles must be licensed and insured.
- Drivers must obey all rules, regulations and directions given by staff.
- Loads must be securely and safely secured per applicable CDOT regulations.
- Wood species available will be ponderosa pine.
- Firewood may be green or dry. No guarantee of moisture content or wood quality is expressed or implied.
- Firewood will already be pre-cut into lengths no longer than 8’ long, normally stacked in decks along roadside.
- Bucking of oversized material to facilitate/enable manual handling is allowed.
- Ticket holders are allowed to use chainsaws (2 chainsaws max per ticket holder).
- Chainsaw operators must wear appropriate personal safety equipment including eye and ear protection, gloves, chaps, and boots.
- Processing of material into stove-length pieces on site is not allowed.
What is a Cord of Wood?
- A full cord is defined as 128 cubic feet stacked.
- A standard 8-foot pickup bed will hold approximately ½ cord stacked level to the top of the bed.
- If staff determines that weather or other adverse conditions affect the ability to access the site, an alternate date will be scheduled.
- Ticket holders will be alerted by email if a date is postponed.
- Check the status on the information line at 303-678-6347.
Have questions about Firewood Sale | Hall Ranch | Saturday, August 9, 2014? Contact Boulder County Parks & Open Space