Are you drawn to challenges, problem solving, and the idea of possibly creating the next great unicorn in financial technology (FinTech)?
ATDC, a program of the Georgia Institute of Technology that serves as the state’s technology incubator, is hosting the hackathon, which runs from Feb. 10 through Feb. 12.
But this is more than your typical hackathon. The FinTech Hack @ ATDC is the competition for entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and innovators who seek to take their ideas to the next level. It will provide winning teams with the critical post-hack engagement, mentoring, and support to not only create, but build and launch viable startup companies.
A program of the Georgia Institute of Technology, ATDC is the state’s technology incubator. This year’s theme centers on the Internet of Things, specifically, wearable financial technology (FinTech). Sponsors are supplying: Raspberry Pis, sensors, Legos, and Amazon Dots. (Please note that teams have to return the hardware.)
The competition is designed to bring together entrepreneurs, developers, designers, and innovators who thrive on tackling challenges, solving problems, and working in teams to create the next big disruptive FinTech idea.
Of course, this is a serious competition, so there will be prizes, including cash, gadgets, and some cool swag, too. Ultimately, participants will decide which ideas to work on using our sponsors' APIs. They can work on their own projects or work on challenges presented to them by our sponsors.
- Jan. 13: Judges and FinTech Mentors announced (Click for more details)
- Jan. 20: Prizes announced (Click for more details)
- Jan. 27: Challenges announced (Click for more details)
- Feb. 8: API video tutorials released
- Feb. 10-12: FinTech Hack @ ATDC
Other key information:
- § WHEN: Friday, Feb. 10, 2016, from 5:30 p.m. through 9 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2016.
- § WHERE: ATDC, 75 Fifth St., 3rd Floor, Centergy Building at Tech Square in Atlanta.
- § RULES:
- § TERMS & CONDITIONS: As a condition of participation in the FinTech Hack @ATDC, you hereby release ATDC and the sponsors of this event from any liability with respect to the FinTech Hack @ ATDC and agree to these terms.
- § New Deliverables Rule: All code, prototypes, and design submissions developed for the FinTech Hack @ATDC must be created during the event. Participants can bring their ideas, but all meaningful work must be created during the event.
- § Eligibility: To be eligible, all Hackathon participants must physically be present and working on site at the Centergy Building.
- § Development Environment: Sponsors will be providing sandboxing environments for participants.
- § IP Ownership: Participants will own their ideas, code, and work.
- § Refund Policy: For planning purposes, refunds cannot be given after 12:01 a.m. Feb. 3.