PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO SIGNING UP FOR FINGERPRINTING.
The Longmont Police Department receives a high number of requests from the public for fingerprinting. The department provides this service as a courtesy.
Due to the volume of requests received, the department will take fingerprints if one of these apply:
- All fingerprinting is done by reservation only.
- No reservations will be accepted by Eventbrite for fingerprinting the same day after 8am. If you are making reservations for more than one individual, please register each individual separately.
- You are a resident of Longmont. You MUST be able to provide a current City of Longmont utility bill and/or valid driver's license and/or a passport with an address within the Longmont city limits. Please be advised that just because you have a Longmont PO Box or a Longmont mailing address does not mean you are in the Longmont city limits.
- Fingerprinting for work, must be for an employer location within the Longmont city limits.
TIME: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
LOCATION: 1st floor of the Safety and Justice Building, 225 Kimbark Street. Once you come into the lobby proceed to the window on the left with the uniformed personnel.
CARDS: The Longmont Police Department does not provide the cards for the fingerprints. Cards are generally provided by the company/agency requesting the prints or information. The card MUST be completed with black ink. CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) is unable to process cards done in anything but black.
RESERVATIONS: Residents will need a reservation for fingerprinting services. There is no charge to sign up on Eventbrite for reservations, however, the cost for the services remain the same. Be sure to keep track of your appointment time. Your receipt from Eventbrite is a ticket (pdf) confirmation emailed to you. We recommend that you print this out or have it available on a mobile device. The time you have reserved is on the lower half of the ticket. We cannot take residents for a time in which you have not been scheduled.
COST: There is a $10 fee for the first card, and $2 for each card thereafter. Payment must be made in cash or with a local check. Exact change is appreciated.
- Please be advised that you may experience a short wait time. Please be patient as other calls for service may take a priority.
- We do not fingerprint children under the age of 14.
- It is advisable NOT TO HAVE YOUR FINGERPRINTS TAKEN if:
- You have a blister on your finger(s)
- You have a broken finger(s)
- You currently have an open sore or cut(s)
- You have a broken arm (as we need full range of motion)
To contact a staff member regarding fingerprinting requirements you can email or call (303)651-8555.