Free Training Workshop for Faith-based
and Community Organizations
Learning about federal grants can be a challenge. This workshop will explain the federal funding process and how to use the Internet to find out about grant opportunities and resources that can help you. It will provide practical advice on how to develop a competitive grant proposal.
Facilitators: Joan Gibson, US Department of Health and Human Services, and Earleene Sealy, US Department of Housing and Urban Development
Public Transportation Directions:
Seventh Avenue #3 or Lexington Avenue Express #4 to Utica Avenue and Eastern Parkway. .
Walk from Subway (or follow bus directions below):
Exit near intersection of EASTERN PKY and UTICA AVE
Start out going South on UTICA AVE towards UNION ST
Turn right onto RUTLAND RD
Turn left onto SCHENECTADY AVE (DR WESLEY MCDONALD HOLDER AVE)
Arrive at 585 SCHENECTADY AVE (.76 miles, 15 minutes)
1. Utica Avenue Bus #46 north to Winthrop Street or south to Rutland Road.
2. Eastern Parkway Bus #14 to Utica Avenue – Transfer to #46 south to Rutland Road.
3. East New York Avenue Bus #12 to Utica Avenue – Walk south to Rutland Road.
4. Church Avenue Bus #35 to Utica Avenue – Transfer to #46 north to Winthrop Street.
5. Kings Highway Bus #7 to Utica Avenue. Transfer to #46 north to Winthrop Street.
6. Remsen Avenue Bus #17 to Rutland Road or Winthrop Street. Walk west to Hospital
When & Where
Region II Federal Partners Council
Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Subcommittee