Financing Lean Startups
Thursday, June 3, 2010 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Note: Online tickets for this event have sold out. We do accept payment at the door ($30). You must arrive by 6:45 in order to be let in if you have not pre-registered. Also, our event next week on Social Networking Your Business (Tuesday, June 8) still has availablity.
June 2010 Entrepreneur's Forum
Financing Lean/Agile Startups
- What is an "lean" or "agile" startup? Do non-lean startups exist?
- What are viable options for financing a startup until you achieve profitability or fundability?
- Is "lean" a (temporary) stage of a startup or a (permanent) type of startup?
- If it's a stage, what is the objective of the stage? What is a "product/market mix". How do you know when you've achieved it?
- If it's a type, what makes certain startups more applicable to the lean/agile approach than others? How do you finance startups not of that type?
- If you've already achieved a product/market mix, why would you then give away equity and control by seeking venture funding?
- What legal structures (LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp; Delaware vs. New York; etc) are most appropriate for the lean approach?
- What impact will proposed changes to angel finance regulations have on bootstrappers?
- What event should trigger a search for investment? Competition? Acceleration? Being first to market? Finding an application for a new technology? Funding development of an initial prototype? Sustaining a system with lots of users but no revenue model?
- Does 'lean-ness' change after financing? What should change about the way a startup spends money after a financing round?
Opening Remarks By:
- Kareem Kouddous, Co-founder & Organizer at NYC Lean Startup Meetup
- Phineas Barnes, Principal at First Round Capital
Panelists (alphabetic order):
When & Where
Ultra Light Startups®
Ultra Light Startups brings together the world's most innovative technology entrepreneurs, in monthly events and accompanying online communities. Events feature pitching, networking and interactive, moderated panel discussions with leading industry experts.
Topics covered: design, technology, marketing and finance