In today’s economic society it would be rare to not use credit to pay for things such as online or large purchases, car repairs or in emergency situation. Credit can be an overwhelming topic, but understanding credit is critical in responsible management of one’s finances. Armed with a few key concepts, however, adult can successfully manage their credit in a proactive way.
- Understand what credit is, how it works and why you need it
- Understand the different ways of establishing credit
- Learn your responsibilities as a borrower
- Understand how to monitor credit using a credit report and credit score
- Understand loans and credit cards and how to borrow responsibly